Suspects arrested for credit card fraud in Paso Robles
Two wanted credit card fraud suspects identified
Update: Through continued investigation, two additional fraud suspects involved with yesterday’s events have been identified, Paso Robles police report. These two suspects also appear to be out of the Los Angeles, Calif. area. At this time they have not been located and the police are asking for the public’s help with locating them. The two suspects are identified as:
- Suspect #1: Rana Payton, Los Angeles, CA (DOB 02-07-1987)
- Suspect #2: Christina Jones, Los Angeles, CA (DOB 01-25-1985)
Three suspects arrested, two more wanted
Original story: On Monday at about 4:30 p.m., Paso Robles police officers responded to Citibank in the 1600 block of Spring St. for a report of possible fraudulent transactions using stolen credit cards. Citibank had been alerted by other bank branches in Atascadero, San Luis Obispo, and Grover Beach that a group of suspects were traveling northward using these fraudulent cards at banks to withdraw cash from unsuspecting victim accounts.
Officers located the suspects’ vehicle a short distance away from the bank and stopped the vehicle to investigate the claims of fraud. The vehicle was searched and officers located 46 different credit cards, over $7,000 in cash, and drug paraphernalia, police report.
It was quickly determined that each credit card was fraudulent, as the credit card numbers had been altered. Each card’s magnetic strip, which stores the users’ account information, had stolen account information from unaware victims.
At this time it is believed that the stolen account information came from credit card skimmers, which serve to steal account information when unsuspecting victims use their cards during point of sales transactions. This investigation is ongoing as victims are still being identified.
The following people were arrested during the investigation and subsequently transported to
County Jail on several felony counts:
- Danielle Lynn Williams (DOB 08-23-79) of Long Beach: Theft of credit card information, a felony; Fraudulent use of a credit card, a felony; grand theft, a felony; commercial burglary, a felony; and conspiracy to commit a crime, a felony.
- Alan Keith Dixson (DOB 06-29-67) of Los Angeles: Theft of credit card information, a felony; Fraudulent use of a credit card, a felony; grand theft, a felony; commercial burglary, a felony; and conspiracy to commit a crime, a felony.
- Reginald Kent Wilder (DOB 09-18-1960) of Los Angles: Theft of credit card information, a felony; Fraudulent use of a credit card, a felony; grand theft, a felony; commercial burglary, a felony; and conspiracy to commit a crime, a felony.
Two additional suspects wanted
It was also determined that there may have been at least two other suspects that may have been travelling in separate vehicles. Those suspects are still outstanding and law enforcement is attempting to identify them as well.
The Paso Robles Police Department encourages anyone with information regarding criminal activity in Paso Robles to contact Crime Stoppers at (805) 549-STOP (549-7867) or submit a Web Tip from the Crime Stoppers website at http://www.slotips.org. You can also submit a “TEXT TIP” by texting “slotips” and your message to CRIMES (or 274637). You may also contact the Special Enforcement Team (SET) directly at (805) 237-6464. You do not have to give your name.