Suspects arrested on heroin drug charges near library
Police arrest five on drug related charges at library parking lot
On Sunday, May 05, 2013, at about 5:45 p.m. officers of the Paso Robles Police Department’s newly formed Special Enforcement Team observed several subjects who were acting suspiciously around a parked vehicle in the parking lot of the Paso Robles City Library at 10th and Park streets, just across the street from the police department.
Officers observed what appeared to be a “hand to hand” transaction of possible narcotics take place. Five suspects were contacted by police officers and subsequently arrested on various drug related charges including:
- Possession of a controlled substance (felony)
- Possession of drug paraphernalia (misdemeanor)
- Under the influence of a controlled substance (misdemeanor).
- Rachel Porter, 21, of Paso Robles- Felony possession of heroin, out of county warrant. Held in lieu of $60,000 bail.
- Edward Dowless, 23, of Arroyo Grande- Felony possession of heroin. Held in lieu of $20,000 bail.
- George Machado, 23, of Paso Robles- Felony transportation/providing heroin. Held in lieu of $30,000 bail.
- Joshua Dollins, 35, of Paso Robles- Misdemeanor under the influence of a controlled substance, illegal possession of narcotic paraphernalia.
- Alexander Cisneros, 22, of Templeton- Misdemeanor illegal possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of controlled substance
The Paso Robles Police Department encourages anyone with information regarding criminal activity in Paso Robles to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-549-STOP (7867) or the Special Enforcement Team directly at (805) 237-6464.