Artisan of Paso Robles opens new location
Local bistro moves two blocks to city park
Updated June 4, 2013 – Chris and Michael Kobayashi’s highly acclaimed restaurant in Paso Robles moved a little closer to downtown this week. Artisan is relocating from 1401 Park Street to the corner of 12th and Pine streets. The grand opening day for the new location was Saturday June 1 after a soft opening on Friday night.
The new location sports a long bar facing the park with patio dining and large dining room inside. The restaurant was decorated with flower arrangements for locals welcoming the new location.
“All day moving fest! Our old space is almost completely empty, can’t wait to show off our new space,” Artisan posted to Twitter on the Tuesday before the move. The new location is adjacent to Villa Creek, Bistro Laurent, Roberts, Estrella, Pappy McGreggor’s and many other eateries. Artisan is now at the center of a growing restaurant hot spot in Paso Robles.
Artisan is known for featuring a seasonal menu featuring local ingredients to create a “particularly American Bistro experience.”
Photos of the move
Current dinner menu
- soup of the day a.q.
- jalapeño cornbread, honey butter 6
- cheeses: mt. tam, merriment, la panza gold 16
- dungeness crab slider, prosciutto, quail egg, béarnaise 14
- goat cheese & ale fondue, garlic toast, broccolini, kielbasa 13
- marrow bone, romesco, sevillano olive tapenade 12
- salmon tartare, green goddess, bacon, croutons, pink peppercorn 12
- los osos greens, market vegetables, buttermilk 13
- razor clams, celery, blood orange, taggiasca, espelette 14
- mushroom toast: crème fraiche, bacon, poached egg 14
- meatballs, ricotta gnocchi, piave, guanciale 13
- abalone tostada, avocado, pork belly carnitas 17
- rabbit liver pâté, pickles, whole grain mustard, baguette 12
- potato ravioli, brown butter, oxtail gravy 12
- monterey bay calamari, white beans, lemon, marjoram 13
- duck confit salad, spinach, pt. reyes blue, smoked almonds, “fried egg” 13
- hanger steak, asparagus, black trumpets, bacon tater tots 32
- grass fed beef flatiron, shallots, fries, cabernet butter 29
- elysian fields lamb, favas, spring carrots, nettle pesto, gnudi 34
- rabbit paella, loin + sausage, chorizo rioja, dried tomato, saffron 29 roast pheasant, cauliflower, pecan crumble, fig 35
- wild boar tenderloin, pig cheek, fennel risotto, artichoke caponata 31 alaskan halibut, burnt flour orecchiette, peas, morels, green garlic 34
- grilled salmon, green lentils, cotechino, brussels sprouts 31
- atlantic scallops, l.b. shrimp, hearts of palm, chick peas, chili, mint 32