ARTshare offering commissions to local artists
Central Coast ARTshare is searching for artists to participate in an artistic cooperative program. ARTshare supports local artists in the creation and promotion of new work and establishes relationships with local collectors and patrons. Ten selected artists will each receive a commission of $1,000 to create 50 works of art for the program. These works of art are sold in the form of “shares” to collectors. A “half share” will have artwork selected from five of the 10 artists. To collect all 10 artworks, collectors buy two half shares. The artworks will be distributed during one “Pick-Up Party,” where shareholders discover their artwork, meet the artists, and mingle with other collectors.
“It’s no fun being a starving artist,” said Robin Smith, director of ARTshare. “One of the goals of ARTshare is to help emerging and mid-level artists learn how to market their art so they may have a thriving business.” The selected artists will attend a workshop by Kate and Robert Burridge called “The Business of Selling Your Art, ” and receive a custom video produced by Smith, an Emmy-winning television producer. “Those who buy a share receive original art created just for them and are supporting emerging artists and the creative community on the Central Coast,” said Smith.
Central Coast ARTshare is open to visual and/or craft (clay, wood, fiber, glass, metal, natural products, mixed media) artists ages 18 and up. To be eligible, artists must reside in San Luis Obispo County. The 50 pieces created for ARTshare may be 50 unique items, or a dedicated series of prints or editions for the program. Artwork should adhere to the preferred dimensions of 12″ x 12″ x 12″.
Artists must deliver their artwork to Paso Robles for distribution, and are strongly encouraged to attend the “Pick-Up Party” and meet the shareholders. Artist applications will by reviewed by a jury panel comprised of artists, curators, collectors and critics. Deadline to enter is December 15, 2014. Applicants will be notified by January 15, 2015 regarding selection into the program. Shares will go on sale in February 15, 2015 at ccARTshare.com. The Pick-Up Party is scheduled for July 2015.
Beneﬁts of the Central Coast ARTshare for Artists
- The program supports the creation of new work with a $1,000 commission.
- Each artist receives a custom-tailored, professional 1- minute video to use on their website and social media!
- Attendance at “The Business of Selling Your Art” workshop with nationally recognized marketing specialist Kate Burridge and her husband, Robert Burridge, who is a successful international artist and workshop teacher.
- Establish relationships with local collectors.
- Benefit from the promotion of the program in local media.
- Benefits of Buying a Share
- Receive original works from local emerging and mid-career artists at a great value!
- Develop relationships with local artists and art community
- Discover new artists and explore a variety of disciplines
- Support local artist’s careers and a vibrant creative community
Artists: Download the full rules, application and helpful hints at www.CentralCoastARTshare.com. Deadline to enter is December 15, 2014.
Share Cost: Half share (5 pieces of original art) is $175. Buy two half shares to receive an original artwork from each of the participating artists.
Facebook Comments Plugin Powered byVivacity Infotech Pvt. Ltd.