City razing storage units to add parking lot
City plans a new park-and-ride on south Pine St.
Parking lot will replace old self storage units
The Paso Robles City Council this week awarded a bid to a contractor for the demolition of Paso Robles self storage on Pine Street. The move will make way for more downtown parking. The self storage units are across the street from Robbins Field on the east side of Pine St. between 6th and 7th streets.
The City Council has directed staff to develop a long-term parking lot, a park-and-ride, at the project site once the storage units are removed. Design of the parking lot is being handled as a separate contract. In May, the council set aside $500,000 for the entire project.
The demolition project was awarded to the low bidder, NSM Recycling & Demolition, for $18,000.
Replacement facilities for residents looking for self storage in Paso Robles include nearby River Road Mini Storage at 1631 North River Road, Paso Robles, CA 93446, (805) 239-4333.
16 bids were received on the mini storage demolition project
- NSM Recycling & Demolition, $ 18,000
- J&P Construction, 20,893
- Lee Crippen Demolition, 24,000
- Randazzo Enterprises, 24,152
- Gonzalez Construction, 26,448
- Viborg Sand & Gravel, 26,658
- Bowen Engineering, 27,062
- American Contract Electric, 27,700
- Sturgeon Services International, 28,910
- R. Burke Corporation, 32,670
- HJ Construction, 33,215
- MGE Underground, 34,100
- Pacific Coast Excavation, 37,613
- Viola Construction, 55,000
- Courts & Greens, 56,740
- Newton Construction, 57,800