COVID-19: County Office of Education issues update on actions in progress
County Superintendent of Schools James J. Brescia issued an update Tuesday for the community:
The safety of our students, families, employees, and the community remains our top priority. This update is provided to inform the public of actions currently underway related to all schools throughout San Luis Obispo County.
- All schools are taking steps to sanitize all school facilities.
- All school districts have coordinated food distribution to ensure students have access to healthy meals.
- School employees throughout San Luis Obispo County are working at various school-sites with social-distancing protocols in place or remotely working as determined by each district or charter.
- The San Luis Obispo County Office of Education (SLOCOE) is receiving briefings from Public Health, the San Luis Obispo County Office of Emergency Services, the Governor’s Office, and the State Superintendent of Public Instruction.
- SLOCOE is briefing all districts and charters daily.
- Protocols have been implemented to secure computer networks for employees working remotely.
- The offices of Assemblymember Jordan Cunningham, Senator Bill Monning, and Congressman Salud Carbajal have been in regular communication with SLOCOE offering assistance.
Public servants face a tremendous obligation to provide continuation of services to our students, their families, and the community during these unprecedented times. The Governor’s Executive Order and subsequent emergency legislation have offered support and flexibility in meeting our responsibilities to the public.
It is vital that our entire community continue to practice understanding, patience, and professionalism as we address the challenges of COVID-19. I am confident that all county residents will do their part in keeping our communities safe. Consult www.readyslo.org for current information about COVID-19 in San Luis Obispo County. Please join me in thanking all of our first responders and public servants for their dedication as we meet the needs of the community.
- Follow all local COVID-19 coronavirus news updates
- Follow New York Times nationwide tracking of all COVD-19 cases