Fire breaks out in Firestone’s Taproom kitchen
Firefighters respond to small restaurant fire
Firefighters responded to a kitchen fire at 6:45 a.m. at Firestone’s Taproom restaurant at 1400 Ramada Dr. in Paso Robles early this morning.
“We located a small fire inside the wall in the kitchen that resulted from radiant and conducted heat from the stove,” said Paso Robles Fire Department Battalion Chief Kevin Taylor. “The fire was extinguished inside the wall by a domestic water line that also ran in the space. The domestic water line was melted (it’s plastic) by the heat from the fire. The water on the floor resulted from the melted domestic water line. After we located the fire by removing several building construction components and determined that it was out, we shut off the domestic water supply to the building.”
This incident, like all commercial building fires, was extremely labor intensive, Taylor said. “We had a total of four companies and two chief officers at the incident. Two of the engine companies worked inside to locate and expose the fire, one stood by at the front door with a hose line in case the fire rapidly expanded once we located it and the truck company stood by on the roof in the event we needed to open the roof to let out smoke, heat and products of combustion.”
Minimal damage was reported. Crews had left the scene by 8 a.m. The restaurant was closed Thursday and set to re-open on Friday.
Top stories today