Fire fully engulfs mobile home in Atascadero
A mobile home in a senior park on Bienvenida Court in South Atascadero caught on fire Saturday around 11:30 a.m. Neighbors said they heard a couple of loud pops that sounded like gun fire. While Atascadero City Fire Department Cpt. Tom Peterson said the cause has not been officially determined, neighbors said they believe it was caused by a propane barbecue that exploded.
Peterson said that the mobile home had been fully engulfed by the fire and two homes were threatened, but fire crews from Atascadero, Templeton and Paso Robles were able to contain it before it spread. Peterson said that the mobile home’s occupant may have sustained mild burns.
While only one home sustained fire damage, the fire did spread to the vegetation behind it, where Peterson said there was natural gas venting. PG&E was on-site to shut off the gas.
“It’s contained, it’s not extinguished. The spread has stopped,” Peterson said just after noon.
Facebook Comments Plugin Powered byVivacity Infotech Pvt. Ltd.