Library hosting Peeps Diorama Contest
Library Celebrates National Library Week, April 13-19, with Peeps
Competitive marshmallow madness strikes the Paso Robles library this April as children, teens and adults are invited to create and display dioramas starring those mushy marshmallow goodies. If you like to play with your food, this is the contest for you.
In honor of National Library Week, these famous little Easter confections must be the stars of a shoe box scene depicting a favorite book. Bust out your crafting supplies, glue guns, and of course those mushy chicks and bunnies and let your imagination run wild! For inspiration and ideas do a web search for “Peeps Diorama” on your favorite search engine.
All entries are due to the library by Saturday, April 12 at 5 p.m. Entries will be accepted beginning Monday, March 31 and all dioramas will be on display until Wednesday, April 30. Patrons are invited to visit the library April 14 through April 28 to cast votes for their favorites. Winners will be decided by popular vote and will be announced Wednesday, April 30.
Here are the official rules of the contest:
- One entry per person or group.
- You must use a shoe or boot box.
- At least one Peep must be used in the scene (but the more you use, the better!). All figures in the diora-ma must be Peeps, or made of Peeps.
- The title of the book should be displayed somewhere on the box. Your name, age and contact infor-mation should be placed on the bottom of the box.
- This contest is open to everyone! Categories are: Children (up to age 12), Teens (ages 13-17), and adults (18 and older).
- The dioramas must be brought to the library between Monday, March 31st and Saturday, April 12th at 5 PM. They will be on display until at least April 30, 2014.
- Voting will take place in the library April 14-April 28th. Winners in each category will be decided by popular vote.
For additional details or questions please contact the Paso Robles City Library at (805) 237-3870. The Paso Robles City Library is located at 1000 Spring Street and is open Monday – Friday 10-8, and Saturday 10-5.