Pioneer Day Committee announces 2015 royalty
– The Paso Robles Pioneer Day Committee announced the royalty for the 2015 event on Monday. The marshal is Calvern Saylor and the queen is Mary Mastagni.
Paso Robles Pioneer Day Committee Chairman Mark Perry said the queen is selected by a committee of the Paso Robles Historical Society. “[They] choose a person who is [at least] 80 years old [and] that is from the surrounding area,” he said.
The Pioneer Day Committee has a marshal committee that chooses the marshal who is 70 to 80 years of age. Now that the marshal and queen have been announced, applications will go out for a belle and attendants who life in same area as the queen.
The marshal, queen, belle and their attendants will be announced at the Pioneer Royalty Dinner on Sunday, Aug. 16 from 5 to 8:30 p.m. in the ballroom at Paso Robles Inn. No tickets will be sold at the door, the deadline to purchase tickets is Aug. 5.
The Pre-Pioneer Day Dinner and Dance will be held on Saturday, Sept. 26 at 6 p.m. at the Robles Event Center. Tickets are $45 each for the dinner and dance. All proceeds go to the pay for Pioneer Day events.
This year’s Pioneer Day will take place on Saturday, Oct. 10. The main attraction is the parade that starts at 10 a.m. at 16th and Spring streets and goes around Downtown City Park. The whole day is free and funded by Paso Robles business people and citizens.
The Rotary Old-Timer’s Luncheon will be held on Thursday, Oct. 8 at 11 a.m. at the Paso Robles Event Center.
The theme for this year’s parade is “The Great Depression of 1931, 85 Years Later” to celebrate the 85th annual Pioneer Day Parade. Parade winners in the categories float, vehicle or mounted animal entry could go home with cash.
Pioneer Day schedule:
- 7 a.m.: Bean feed preparation in Paso Robles Downtown City Park
- 7:30 a.m.: Antique classic car judging at King Oil Tools, 2235 Spring St.
- 8 a.m.: Children’s Pet Show for 12 and under at the gazebo
- 8:30 a.m.: LIttle Cowboy/Cowgirl contest in the gazebo
- Noon: Free bean feed in city park
- Noon: Carnegie Library and Historical Museum opens in city park
- 12:30 p.m.: Band concert in city park
- 1 p.m.: Pioneer Museum opens at 2010 Riverside
- 1 p.m.: Old gas engine show in Pioneer Park next to Pioneer Museum
- 1 p.m.: Wagon and tractor display with demonstrations and activities at Pioneer Museum
- 1:30 to 4 p.m.: Barn dance at Pioneer Museum with live music by The JD Project
Facebook Comments Plugin Powered byVivacity Infotech Pvt. Ltd.