Scarecrows lurking downtown Paso Robles in 2013
Downtown is overrun by scarecrows decorated by local schoolchildren!
Merchants in downtown Paso Robles have “adopted” unique creations of scarecrows decorated by local schoolchildren and are inviting community members and visitors to stop by the businesses scarecrows and cast a vote for their favorite by Tuesday morning, Oct. 29. Winning classrooms will earn awards and voters may win mystery prizes at stores where ballots are cast.
Parents, teachers and especially the students enjoy seeing their creativity displayed downtown and the merchants enjoy sponsoring the annual contest. Ballots are counted and the winners awarded in time for the “Safe & Fun Halloween Downtown” festivities that will take place from 3 to 6 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 31.
Downtown Paso Robles has been overtaken by scarecrows. Vote for your favorite scarecrow at downtown businesses. Photos by Meagan Friberg.
Trick or treat downtown
Paso Robles downtown business owners invite the community’s families downtown on Thursday, Oct. 31 for their annual “Safe & Fun Halloween Downtown.”
- 3-6 p.m. – Merchants will hand out candy to trick-or-treaters
- 5 p.m. – Enter the carved pumpkin contest near city park fountain (bring your own carved pumpkin)
- Get your free photo with the Downtown Association witches
- No-host barbecue sponsored by the El Paso de Robles Area Historical Society
- Performances by the Paso Robles Youth Arts Foundation and Class Act Dance
For more information, call or visit the Downtown Paso Robles Main Street Association office at 835 12th Street, Suite D; (805) 238-4103.