Shopping in Paso Robles is Good for Humanity
Why Holiday Shopping in Paso Robles is Good for Humanity
By Shonna Howenstine
Over the course of the past few years, many of us have scaled back our holiday celebrations and gift giving. With more and more people concentrating on the joy of being with family and friends during the holidays, a heartwarming trend is emerging…
Thoughtfulness is back in style. And Paso Robles, in all its authenticity, is a great place to find gifts with meaning and purpose that suit each recipient, all made right here in Paso. Many products are made by hand, and all have a terrific story to go with them.
Does your mother-in-law love to cook? How about a bottle of your neighbor’s olive oil and a copy of your favorite local caterer’s cookbook?
Does your best friend love wine? Sneak out to your favorite boutique winery and grab a bottle of something that can’t be found outside of their walls.
Got a beer lover in the family? Firestone Walker Brewery is right down the street and their 805 Ale is only available in the 805. Pick up a gift certificate for FW t-shirts, tap handles and…. cornhole??
If you are shopping for someone who has everything, here is a list of unique, Paso-made items to choose from that will make the recipient feel special, keep small business owners in business and keep the thoughtfulness trend going strong:
- Art, Sculpture, Pottery, Handmade Jewelry, Fine Crafts:
- Balsamic Vinegar: www.weolive.com
- Beer www.firestonewalker.com
- Body Care Products made with local olive oil: www.pasolivo.com or www.oluvskin.com
- Books by Local Authors: http://bit.ly/FriendsPasoLibrary
- Cheese or a Cheese Club Membership: www.vivantfinecheese.com
- Cooking Spices and Gourmet Provisions: www.pasospices.com or www.pithywine.com
- Honey www.ntnah.com
- Italian Soda: www.pithywine.com
- Olive oil www.weolive.com
- Walnut Oil www.limerockorchards.com
- Wine, Champagne, Port and Handcrafted Spirits: www.pasowine.com
Paso Robles Experiences:
- Art classes, seminars and workshops www.studiosonthepark.org
- Cooking Class at Dining with Andre www.diningwithandre.com
- Lodging or Dining Gift Certificates www.travelpaso.com
- Hunter Ranch Golf Course www.hunterranchgolf.com
- Massage/Facial/Spa Day
- River Oaks Hot Springs Spa www.riveroakshotsprings.com
- Steinbeck Vineyards Crash Course www.steinbeckvineyards.com
- Wine Tours www.travelpaso.com
The recipients of these thoughtful gifts will be thrilled by the human touch that went to each of them and the heartwarming stories behind each one. Support small business and give thoughful gifts, it’s good for humanity!
Shonna Howenstine is the Tourism Coordinator for the City of Paso Robles and vows to shop thoughtfully and locally this holiday season. If you have an item that you think should be on this list, she can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See original story at Travel Paso.