Workshops held to help students get cash for college
Cuesta College is hosting this month two Cash for College workshops to help high school seniors and Cuesta College students take advantage of available financial aid. Cuesta College Financial Aid staff will be on hand to answer general and specific questions about completing the 2014-15 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), Dream Act applications, Cal Grant forms, Cuesta College scholarship applications and the Cuesta Promise Scholarship application. The deadline for submission of all forms is March 2, 2014.
High school seniors who participate in at least one of the workshops will be considered for a bonus $1,000 scholarship.
For more information on financial aid please call (805) 546-3143 or go to http://www.cuesta.edu/student/aboutmoney/finaid/. For more information on the Promise Scholarship, which will provide a fee-free fall semester at Cuesta to all San Luis Obispo County High School seniors, go to http://www.cuesta.edu/student/aboutmoney/cuestapromise/.
- Tuesday, Feb. 11 at Cuesta College, SLO campus, High Tech Center, Open Lab, Building 3400, 5 – 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 12 at Cuesta College, North County campus, Room N5004, 5 – 8 p.m.
Students should bring:
1. Legal parents’ (biological or adoptive) Social Security number (if available)
2. Legal parents’ (biological or adoptive) federal income tax return and W-2/1099 forms from tax year 2013 (2012 only if 2013 are not available)
3. Business records (this intended for parents/students who have businesses listed on federal 1040 Tax Form schedules: C, C-EZ, D, E, F, J)
4. Student’s Social Security number and driver’s license (if available)
5. Student’s federal income tax return and W-2/1099 forms from tax year 2013 (2012 only if 2013 are not available and only if student has filed or will file)
6. Permanent resident card, if you are not a U.S. citizen
7. List of colleges you are interested in attending
Facebook Comments Plugin Powered byVivacity Infotech Pvt. Ltd.