What $300 can do at Peoples’ Self-Help Housing
–A new provision with the IRS allows for an additional $300 tax deduction for gifts made to qualifying charities before Dec. 31, 2020. Even if you don’t itemize your charitable donations, you may still qualify for a $300 deduction on your IRS return.
“We are very excited to remind our supporters of this additional accommodation”, said Peoples’ Self-Help Housing (PSHH) Chief Financial Officer Griffin Moore, “$300 can do an enormous amount of good at PSHH, and I encourage everyone to look at every deduction they can to help our neighbors in our community.”
A donation of $300 to Peoples’ Self-Help Housing can make a great impact on families throughout the Central Coast. By making your generous gift, you will:
- Assist with 3-5 months of utilities
- Supply 2-3 families with gifts for the holidays
- Purchase a month of groceries for housebound seniors
- Provide 6 months of internet services for virtual learning
- Buy a year of school supplies for 10 ambitious students
- Supply 6 move-in kits for formerly homeless families
- Purchase an annual bus pass for a resident to travel to work
- Provide 10 winter coast for children
“Our nation’s charities are struggling to help those suffering from COVID-19, and many deserving organizations can use all the help they can get,” said IRS Commissioner Chuck Rettig. “We encourage people to explore this option to help deserving tax-exempt organizations – and the people and causes they serve.”
For more information, visit pshhc.org.
Information sent by People’s Self Help Housing