City engineer awarded for 12th street project
Ditas Esperanza receives award for outstanding 12th street renovations
–At the Paso Robles City Council meeting on Tuesday, Paso Robles Capital Projects Engineer Ditas Esperanza, was awarded for her initiative, leadership, forethought, and timely completion on the recently completed 12th street project.
Esperanza’s involvement in the project was substantial including overseeing these projects:
- Storm drain pipeline from Spring to Olive streets, consistent with the Storm Drain Master Plan
- Minor pavement re-striping and pipeline trench restoration from Spring to Vine streets
- Reconstruct/install missing sidewalks, curbs, gutters and driveways along the north side of 12th from Vine to Fresno streets and install linear storm water retention areas
- Pave 12th Street from Vine to Fresno streets — 36 feet wide
- Minimum landscape restoration from Vine to Fresno streets
- A bulb-out storm water retention at south side Vine Street – all others (north side) to be linear
- Reconstruct four curb ramps at Vine, Olive and Chestnut streets, and two corners on Townhouse Terrace and Fresno Street
- Reconstruct cross-gutters at Fresno Street, Townhouse Terrace, Chestnut Street and Olive Street
- Install eight infiltration dry wells
- Install sediment vault at southwest corner Fresno/12th streets
- Pervious pavers for new sidewalk areas
The enlarging of 12th street enables freer movement of vehicles, less vehicle crowding, and safer crosswalks for pedestrians, as well as beautifying the nearby areas with colorful foliage and healthy trees.