Agribusiness conference happening now at event center
Conference entitled: “California Agriculture, Surviving Change”
The California Chapter of the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers, Inc., is hosting an Agribusiness Conference, entitled, “Outlook 2015; California Agriculture, Surviving Change” in Paso Robles this week, April 13-17. The conference is taking place at the Paso Robles Event Center.
The conference schedule:
• Monday, April 13, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.— Integrated Approaches to Value
• Tuesday, April 14, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.— Integrated Approaches to Value, and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.— Instructor Workshop
• Wednesday, April 15, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.— Integrated Approaches to Value, and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. — Employee Relations in Agriculture II
• Thursday, April 16, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.— Integrated Approaches to Value, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.— In-Depth Unmanned Aerial Systems Workshop with hands-on training, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.— Regional Ag Tour with Unmanned Aerial Systems in Agriculture Overview Session, and 5:30 to 9 p.m.— California Classic BBQ & Scholarship Auction
• Friday, April 17, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.— Outlook 2015 Agribusiness Conference and Release of 2015 Trends in Ag Land Lease Values – 25th Anniversary issue
Over the years, the event has rotated back and forth between Sacramento and the Central San Joaquin Valley. Prior to the conference, the chapter is offering continuing education classes for appraisers and farm managers as well as an opportunity to explore using drones in agriculture.
Continuing with tradition, a regional ag tour will include an overview of new vineyard development, neighborhoods facing a groundwater crisis, valuation challenges of urban in-fill, the development of low-cost housing in a rural community, and an overview of the operation of an aerial drone. There will be two unique opportunities to see the drone operate. In the preceding four years, conference themes have focused on the current events in our changing world.
About the California Chapter of the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers
The California Chapter of the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers was chartered in 1949 as an affiliate of the national organization. It is a non-profit mutual benefit corporation under California law. For more information, visit calasfmra.com.
Facebook Comments Plugin Powered byVivacity Infotech Pvt. Ltd.