April is Victims’ Rights Month
Events will be held throughout the month
–In honor of Victim Rights Month, San Luis Obispo District Attorney’s Office, along with the San Luis Obispo Police Officers Association, RISE, and The Women’s Shelter Program of San Luis Obispo will be hosting multiple activities throughout April.
- Tuesday, April 5, 9 a.m. the San Luis Obispo County Board of Supervisors will issue a proclamation declaring April “Victims’ Rights Month.”
- Saturday, April 9, 9 a.m. will sponsor the 5th Annual “Cuddy Invitational” golf tournament which will directly benefit the district attorney’s “Cindy Pinto Victim Witness Emergency Fund” at Monarch Dunes Golf Club in Nipomo.
- San Luis Obispo Farmer’s Market Thursday Evenings in April: Throughout the month of April, the DA’s Victim & Witness Assistance Center staff will host a booth to distribute informational materials on such topics as domestic violence, human trafficking, the California Victims of Crime fund, and other victim services.
Partner events by RISE & Women’s Shelter Program of San Luis Obispo:
- Sat. April 16, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Paso Robles Walk a Mile in Her Shoes at City Park.
- Tue. April 26, Summer Jessee speaks at SLO High about intimate partner violence.
- Sat. April 30, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., San Luis Obispo Walk a Mile in Her Shoes at Mission Plaza.
Facebook Comments Plugin Powered byVivacity Infotech Pvt. Ltd.