Arroyo Grande Fire Damage Company Announces National Preparedness Month
–Local Arroyo Grande fire damage restoration business owner, Mark Powers of ServPro of Pismo Beach and Arroyo Grande, reminds San Luis Obispo residents that September is National Preparedness Month. This annual event provides families and businesses with the information and resources they need to plan for, survive, and recover from an emergency.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) sponsors the annual National Preparedness Month and has prepared a week-by-week calendar of recommended actions, including videos that property owners can take to be ready if disaster does strike:
- Week 1- Make and practice a plan. Create an emergency plan that includes signing up for emergency alerts and making contingency plans for shelter, evacuation, and family communication.
- Week 2 – Learn life-saving skills. The focus of this week is learning how to mitigate home and business against flooding, earthquakes, and fire and tips for holding a preparedness event such as hosting a CPR class.
- Week 3. Check your insurance coverage. Once the emergency is over, appropriate and sufficient insurance will be key to getting your life back to normal, or at least on track.
- Week 4. Plan financially for the possibility of a disaster. This goes beyond having a “rainy day fund” for immediate needs. Gather and organize important home, business, insurance, financial, and personal documents and keep them up-to-date and stored in a secure, water-and-fire proof location.
“No one wants to think of the possibility of a disaster striking their family and friends,” said Powers from the Arroyo Grande fire damage business. “But planning ahead is crucial for first getting through any unexpected event and then recovering as quickly as possible.”
Powers encourages everyone to prepare by:
- Following the suggestions and tips that are on the FEMA website.
- Downloading the free ServPro Ready app that helps users create an emergency READY plan of action and store essential contact and property information where it can be accessed from a mobile device.
Families, businesses, and community leaders who take the time to prepare and plan ahead for the unexpected and the aftermath are better able to respond quickly to an emergency and help speed recovery and restoration after.
ServPro is a trusted leader in the restoration industry and has the training, equipment, and expertise to respond to emergencies. The locally owned and operated company provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to responding immediately to any size disaster. “We specialize in disaster restoration, cleanup, and repair services, making it ‘Like it never even happened’ for both commercial and residential customers.”
ServPro of Pismo Beach and Arroyo Grande
1279 W. Stowell Road, Suite C
Santa Maria, CA 93458
This press release is by San Luis Obispo SEO company, Access Publishing, 806 9th Street, Suite 2D, Paso Robles, CA 93446 (805) 226-9890.