Arroyo Grande Water Damage Company, ServPro, Releases Important Emergency Steps To Control Water Damage
–ServPro, a company specializing in remediating water damage in Arroyo Grande, California has released important emergency steps to help control water damage. The safety of everyone in the path of flooding or other kinds of water damage is first, followed by steps that can help control the amount of water damage that might happen.
Emergency steps to control water damage
Leaking faucets, leaky water pipes, a single roof leak, or catastrophic emergencies can all cause water damage. Regardless of the cause, water damage is serious. There are often health and safety concerns along with the stress and expense. These six emergency steps prepared by ServPro of Arroyo Grande can help control water damage as soon as it is detected.
- Get everyone to safety
- Shut off electricity
- Shut off the water supply
- Protect possessions
- Contact your insurance agent
- Call the water damage professionals
Get everyone to safety
Catastrophic flooding, a tree crashing through the roof in a storm, black water flooding from sewage are all emergencies. Get everyone to a safe place immediately. Have a flood safety plan ahead of time. It’s better to never have to use the plan than to wait until the last minute and not know what to do or where emergency shelters are located.
Shut off electricity
Water and electricity are a dangerous combination. Anyone touching or standing in water, even a wet carpet that is exposed to electrical wiring can be electrocuted. Get everyone out of the area immediately, including pets, then shut off the main breaker to the house.
Shut off the water supply
- If flooding is from a burst hot water heater or broken water pipe, shut off the main water valve.
- Flooding from storms can sometimes be controlled ahead of time by diverting water away from the house with sandbags or ditches.
- Roof damage can sometimes be temporarily remedied with tarps. When high wind or torrential rain is present, the best choice is to get the family to a safe dry place or shelter in place in a safe dry room. Shut off the main electric breaker and water and gas valves if possible.
- Black water flooding from sewage is very dangerous and a serious health threat. Get everyone, including family pets, away from the contamination and contact the professionals for water damage in Arroyo Grande as soon as possible.
- Remove valuables, boxes, and furniture from the flooded area. Water-soaked items begin to mold very quickly. Remove items that cannot be replaced first. Other items, like sofas, rugs and carpets can be replaced.
Contact your insurance agent
Call your insurance company as soon as possible to find out what the next steps are to for water removal and water damage restoration.
It is a good idea to review your homeowner’s insurance now to know what kind of water damage is covered. If the coverage doesn’t seem to be enough, consider adding the additional coverage that you feel is needed.
Call the water damage professionals
ServPro, the water damage professionals in Arroyo Grande are trained to remove water and begin the drying process. Water damage restoration professionals have the pumps, fans and dehumidifiers to extract water and get everything dried out. They also have moisture detectors and remote cameras to find trapped water. Undetected moisture remaining behind walls and other tight places this going to continue to cause mold and mildew and more damage over time.
SERVPRO of Pismo Beach and Arroyo Grande
1279 W. Stowell Road, Suite C
Santa Maria, CA 93458
Press release by San Luis Obispo SEO company Access Publishing, 806 9th Street, #2D, Paso Robles, CA 93446, (805) 226-9890.