Assault with baseball bat ends in arrest of two adults, two minors
Incident appears to be connected to a previous incident and not a random crime.
– On Wednesday afternoon at approximately 3:40 p.m., the Atascadero Police Department began receiving multiple calls for a fight in the area of Viejo Camino and El Camino Real. Callers reported a subject swinging a bat at people passing by. Additional callers reported multiple suspects were involved and one of them broke out the windows of a vehicle. The suspects fled the scene in a vehicle prior to police arrival.
Police units, with the assistance of the San Luis Obispo County Probation Department, the San Luis Obispo Sheriff’s Department and the California Highway Patrol helicopter began searching the area. Officers contacted two victims at the location. Both victims sustained injuries resulting from being struck with a bat. They were treated at the scene by Atascadero Fire Department personnel.
An assisting police unit located the suspect vehicle parked at the end of La Costa Ct. A registration confirmed the vehicle was registered to a resident in the 1000 block of La Costa Ct.
Assisting units established a perimeter around the residence and officers at the front of the house observed the door open and two people inside. The subjects failed to obey commands and retreated back into the house. They were then heard fleeing in the back yard, over the fence and into the Lost Oak Mobil Home Park. One of the suspects, a male juvenile, was immediately detained by perimeter units while the second fled on foot. A foot pursuit ensued, and the suspect ran out of the park, onto San Diego Rd. and into an apartment complex at Pamplona Way. The suspect, later determined to be a female juvenile, was taken into custody for delaying or obstructing a police officer.
While APD units were still on scene on La Costa Ct., the two outstanding suspects exited the residence and were detained.
Through an investigation, the police department was able to determine that all four suspects detained were involved in the incident and there are no suspects outstanding. They were placed under arrest for the following charges;
- Patrica Lomeli, 33 years of Atascadero, was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, child endangerment, conspiracy and battery on a police officer.
- Kevin Davis, 36 years of Atascadero, was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon and conspiracy.
- The male juvenile was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, conspiracy and obstructing or delaying a police officer.
- The female juvenile was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, conspiracy and obstructing or delaying a police officer.
The juveniles were transported and booked into the San Luis Obispo County Juvenile Services Center. The adults were transported and booked into the San Luis Obispo County Jail.
This incident remains under investigation by the Atascadero Police Department. This incident appears to be connected to a previous incident and not a random crime, according to police.