Atascadero Insurance Agent Announces the Benefits of Personal Mobility Insurance
-Personal mobility insurance is a versatile coverage that fills in where typical auto, homeowner or renter insurance might leave a coverage gap. John Donovan, State Farm Insurance Agent in Atascadero CA said, “Personal mobility insurance offers liability and personal injury coverage benefits for many situations.”
California residents who either don’t have a car, or rely on ride shares, car rentals, public transportation or a bicycle to get around, can be covered for a variety of situations.
- One example is the cost of insuring a rental car. Car rental agencies charge for coverage per day and that additional cost can mount up very quickly. Personal mobility insurance can be a less expensive way to protect yourself in the event of an accident in a rental car.
- In another scenario a passenger is covered if injured in an accident caused by a rideshare driver. Personal mobility insurance pays, reducing any out-of-pocket expenses while waiting for the rideshare company to pay up. A pedestrian with personal mobility insurance is even covered if struck by a rideshare vehicle.
- What if an uninsured motorist hits you while riding your bicycle?
In a summary of a study by University of Chicago and the Rice institute, the MIT Technology Review reported that ride share companies have contributed to a two to three-percent increase in traffic deaths. Collecting damages from rideshare companies for any kind of accident is a lengthy process that can leave injured parties in financial difficulty. Personal mobility insurance offers additional protection.
The benefits of personal mobility insurance include:
- It’s less expensive, and frequently more thorough, than additional auto rental coverage
- It covers you as a pedestrian, a passenger and even as a driver of a vehicle other than your own
- It covers you when you are riding your bicycle
- Additional savings can be gained by combining personal mobility insurance with State Farm Homeowner’s or Renters policies.
- Other benefits from personal mobility insurance include coverage for medical payments and uninsured motorist coverage.
Evaluating your needs
The best way to get a complete picture of how State Farm’s Personal Mobility Insurance is of benefit is to contact your California State Farm Insurance Agent.
John Donovan, State Farm Insurance Agent in Atascadero and his team are always ready to meet anyone to discuss insurance needs. Anytime there is a life change, such as deciding to drive less and walk or cycle more, it is a good time to discuss insurance.
Other changes, such as getting married, divorced, the birth of a child, moving, purchasing a new home or vehicle, even a promotion or salary raise, is the time to evaluate insurance coverage. The Atascadero insurance office team focuses on building long term relationships and is ready to answer questions about personal mobility insurance, home or business insurance, vehicle, life, property insurance or any other insurance need.
A Central Coast resident since 1990, Donovan is an active member of the Atascadero Chamber of Commerce; President of the Atascadero Rotary Club from 2012-2013 and has been Chairman of the Rotary Club’s Scholarship Committee since 2016. He is a founding member of the SLO County Bicycle Coalition, a youth basketball coach, and for fun, Donovan is an Abraham Lincoln impersonator.
John Donovan State Farm Insurance Agent
8420 El Camino Real, Suite A
Atascadero, CA 93422
This press release is by Paso Robles Marketing and SEO company Access Publishing, 806 9th Street, #2D, Paso Robles, CA 93446, (805) 226-9890.