Atascadero Insurance Agent Reports ‘Insurance Coverage Most Don’t Think About’
-Everyone knows about homeowner’s insurance, auto, medical, liability and life insurance but not everyone knows that RV insurance can be different from auto insurance, or that a private person can get disability insurance or about health insurance for a pet. John Donovan, State Farm Insurance Agent in Atascadero has prepared a short report about these, and other, insurance policies people may not realize are available.
Policies that provide extra protection include:
- Disability insurance helps protect the insured when unable to work due to an injury. This type of insurance helps to pay the mortgage or rent, loans and other monthly expenses. Why dip into savings when a disability insurance policy can relieve the financial stress of not being able to work. Long-term disability and short-term disability insurance helps replace a percentage of lost income so bills can be paid. The primary difference between these two types of insurance is the length of time the insured received the benefits. Individual credit disability insurance can pay the monthly payment directly to your financing institution. The Atascadero insurance agent and his team specialize in all of the types of insurance the agency offers and can help clients choose the best policy.
- Off-road vehicle insurance covers golf carts, ATVs, snowmobiles, camping trailers, trail bikes and other off-road vehicles. This type of insurance covers bodily injury or property damage to others, bodily damage to the insured as the result of an uninsured rider, damage to the vehicle, and theft, fire vandalism and other losses even with the off-road vehicle is in storage.
- RV, or motorhome, insurance differs from an auto insurance policy because the needs are different. An RV is usually more expensive than a car, can cause more damage because of its size and repairs to the RV usually cost more. Making sure the RV is insured for all possibilities reduces financial risk. Van campers, trucks and campers, and camper conversions can also be covered with motorhome insurance. Coverage includes bodily injury or property damage to others, bodily damage to the insured as the result of an uninsured rider, damage and theft, fire vandalism and other losses even with the off-road vehicle is in storage.
- Personal articles policy covers personal items from a variety of loss situations. The property doesn’t have to be in your home and the policy travels with you on errands around town and on trips around the world. Items such as cameras, jewelry and other personal property are covered, but some restrictions may apply. The coverage includes replacement and repair. A deductible is not required, but is available with the policy. Check with the Atascadero insurance agent about a articles policy before setting off on your trip!
- Pet insurance helps cover veterinary expenses when a beloved pet is injured or ill. Pet insurance is offered from State Farm Insurance in partnership with Trupanion and covers medical visits including diagnostics tests, surgeries, hospital stays, prescriptions, medications, supplements, herbal therapy and prosthetic devices and carts. The insurance also covers breed specific hereditary and congenital conditions. Ask about livestock insurance for the kids’ 4-H and FFA projects.
The John Donovan State Farm Insurance Agency has been serving Atascadero and the Central Coast since 2007. A local business staffed with local residents, the company and staff provide full-service insurance policies that are tailored to the unique needs of individuals, families and businesses. The staff is involved in a number of community activities that enrich local services.