Attendance is down at Concerts in the Park
Concert series’ move to Thursday night draws smaller crowds
– The attendance at last week’s Concert in the Park concert featuring Incendio drew crowds about half as big as last year’s Incendio concert. According to REC Foundation Recreation Services Manager Linda Holt, the concert still drew crowds about 20-25-percent larger than the first concert of the summer.
Holt said, “We had about 2,000-2,500 people attend the Incendio concert. Last year, there was about 4,000 attendees.”
Holt said that the concert, in the REC foundation’s perspective, was still a great success. “We still think that the move to Thursdays is a win-win, and we can’t imagine going back.” She said that the move positively affects merchants in particular. She also said that the crowd at the last few concerts seemed to be comprised of more locals than at years prior. “We are expecting steady growth, and anticipate a larger crowd at this week’s event.”