Avila Beach dentist Perry Patel, DDS, releases tips on how to find the right toothbrush and toothpaste
–This week, Avila Beach dentist Perry Patel D.D.S., released a report titled, “How to find the right toothbrush and toothpaste.”
Read the report below:
Proper oral care cannot be achieved without the use of a toothbrush and toothpaste designed for specific dental situations. There are multiple facts to keep in mind while searching for these products, including oral health history, a desired end result, and a dentist’s advice. Here is basic information to know while looking for the perfect toothbrush and toothpaste.
- A toothbrush should be able to easily fit in the mouth to clean the back molars, gums, and the tongue. The handle should be comfortable to hold, as the recommended time to brush teeth ranges from two to three minutes. Another toothbrush option is a powered toothbrush, which provides many health benefits, including circular motions to clean teeth that results in more plaque removal.
- Replacing an old toothbrush is essential for continual oral health care. When bristles become worn, they can eventually damage the gum and not clean teeth as effectively. A typical time frame to replace a toothbrush is around three months.
- Soft bristles are more sensitive when cleaning teeth and gums. Hard bristles can irritate gums and not cause an enjoyable brushing routine.
- Fluoride is a key component to preventing cavities from forming, so picking a toothpaste containing fluoride is important to strengthening enamel on teeth.
- There are various types of toothpaste on the market that treat different aspects of oral health. Whitening toothpaste can brighten a smile, but can be harmful on sensitive teeth. If gums are irritated, an anti-gingivitis toothpaste can help reverse this symptom.
- Dentists can provide assistance when picking a new toothpaste, depending on a history of oral health and specific needs, such as sensitive teeth and gums.
On the Central Coast, Perry Patel D.D.S. General & Cosmetic Dentistry for the entire family is committed to oral excellence. With a friendly staff and extensive knowledge, clients can enjoy a professional dental experience. Contact Avila Beach dentist Perry Patel D.D.S. General & Cosmetic Dentistry for the entire family at (805) 489-4761.
Press release by San Luis Obispo marketing agency Access Publishing, 806 9th Street, #2D, Paso Robles, CA 93446. (805) 226-9890.