Avila Beach Water Damage Repair, ServPro, Releases Tips For Being Prepared For Emergencies
—No one likes to think about an emergency, even what might seem like small water damage to an Avila Beach home can be disruptive to a family. The local ServPro professional, a trusted leader in the restoration industry, has a list of tips to help families get through some of the shocks of an emergency.
No time is a good time for an emergency, but having a few things in order way ahead of time goes a long way towards getting life back on track as soon as possible.
- The first thing, no matter how distasteful, is to plan for regional disasters like a fire or earthquake. Learn where evacuation centers are located and the best routes to get there. Make sure you have an emergency supply of food, water, and medical supplies for all of the family including pets. Identify meeting locations where you can connect with family members.
- Check with your veterinarian, local kennels and animal shelters to find out what kind of emergency lodging is available and what the process is for reuniting families and lost pets.
- Determine the support services your insurance provides. Are you entitled to emergency lodging or rent for a temporary home? What about meals and clothing, and kenneling for pets? How soon do relief funds arrive?
- Make sure to write down emergency contact phone numbers and addresses and keep them in a safe, easily accessible place. We too often rely on our cell phones to keep track of contact information, but what if the phone gets lost?
- Check with the bank to find out how to get access to your money in the event of a regional disaster that temporarily shuts down power or if identification, bank cards, and account information gets lost.
- Don’t forget emotional support resources. A lot of support is usually available in the immediate aftermath of a disaster, but what about months later? Find out what kind of emotional support services medical insurance might cover. Is there counseling through the school to help children? Does your spiritual community provide emotional support? Identify the local nonprofits that have support services and check with local human services agencies as well.
The Avila Beach water damage recovery experts at ServPro want your family to be safe and your life restored as quickly as possible. ServPro provides 24-hour highly trained restoration technicians for every stage of recovery. The local ServPro can also help manage the insurance paperwork and claims process.
ServPro of Pismo Beach/Arroyo Grande
1279 W. Stowell Road, Suite C
Santa Maria, CA 93458
This Press release is by San Luis Obispo SEO company Access Publishing, 607 Creston Road, Paso Robles, CA 93446, (805) 226-9890.