Bearcat PAC 8 results for mid-season
–Paso Robles High School Director of Athletics, Anthony Morales, has announced the results of Bearcat athletics in PAC 8 competitions thus far in the season.
PRHS men’s basketball is currently 5-10 overall and 3-5 in conference. Please note: PRHS men’s basketball host San Luis Obispo High School on Jan. 26. Game times are 3:45 / 5:15 / 7:00 p.m.
Results of our last four conference games:
- Friday, Jan. 12, 2018: PRHS – 57, Atascadero Greyhounds – 53
- Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2018: PRHS – 69, Righetti Warriors – 46
- Friday, Jan. 19, 2018: PRHS – 60, Mission College Prep Royals – 59. This game was a buzzer beater as our PRHS senior Jaedon Lyon scored a three point shot at the buzzer and to win the game. Senior Bearcats leading scorer Sebastian Galsim scored 22 points. Senior guard Anthony Napoli had 18 points and four blocks.
- Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2018: PRHS – 66, St. Joseph High School – 79
Next week, PRHS men’s basketball travels to Pioneer Valley on Monday, Jan. 29 and Arroyo Grande High School on Jan. 31. We then host Atascadero High School on Feb. 2, 2018.
PRHS Women’s Basketball is currently 11-8 overall and 4-4 in conference. Please note: our PRHS women’s basketball team travels to San Luis Obispo Jan. 26. Game times are 5:15 and 7:00 p.m. San Luis Obispo High School does not field a frosh women’s basketball team.
Our four conference wins are the following:
- Tuesday, Dec. 12, 2017: PRHS – 39, San Luis Obispo Tigers – 37
- Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2018: PRHS – 55, St. Joseph Knights – 43
- Monday, Jan. 8, 2018: PRHS – 63, Pioneer Valley Panthers – 45
- Friday, Jan. 12, 2018: PRHS – 50, Atascadero Greyhounds – 34
In pre-season we attended two tournaments. In the Atascadero tournament Kimberly Buchanan and Sydney Meneses were all tournament and Kimberly Buchanan was MVP of the tournament. In the Seaside Tournament Sydney was voted on the all tournament team. On a lower level note: Our PRHS JV women’s basketball team won the Lemoore Tournament and placed second in the Clovis tournament in pre-season competition.
Next week, PRHS women’s basketball hosts Pioneer Valley on Monday, Jan. 29 and Arroyo Grande High School on Jan. 31. We then travel to Atascadero High School on Feb. 2, 2018.
PRHS Women’s Soccer is currently 10-4-3 overall and 5-2-1 in conference. Our girls previously played in a showcase tournament and went 2-0 in competition. In addition, we have conference wins over St. Joseph 2-0, San Luis Obispo 2-0, Atascadero 1-0, Righetti 3-0 and Mission College Prep 2-0. For the season we have recorded seven shutouts. Our girls, at all levels, are playing fantastic and they travel to San Luis Obispo High School on Jan. 26 for 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. games. Next week, PRHS women’s soccer hosts Pioneer Valley at PRHS on Monday, Jan. 29 and Arroyo Grande High School at War Memorial on Jan. 31. We then travel to Atascadero High School on Feb. 2, 2018.
PRHS Men’s Soccer is currently 12-2-6 overall and 6-1-1 in conference. Our boys previously played in the Cats & Hounds tournament where we placed second coming up short on P.K’s. Our conference wins are St. Joseph 2-0, San Luis Obispo, who was ranked number one in the state on Jan. 5, 2018, 2-0, Pioneer Valley 2-1, Atascadero 2-1, Mission College Prep 5-0 and St. Joseph 6-1. We have recorded five shutouts for the season. Please come on out to War Memorial Stadium as we host San Luis Obispo High School on Jan. 26 at 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. Next week, PRHS men’s soccer travels to Pioneer Valley on Monday, Jan. 29 and Arroyo Grande High School on Jan. 31 and Atascadero High School on Feb. 2, 2018. All three levels are playing great too.
Women’s Water Polo
PRHS Women’s Water Polo is currently 14-9 overall and 2-3 in conference. On Jan. 19, 2018, the Lady Bearcats traveled to Oxnard to participate in a tournament.
- Friday 1/19: The Bearcats played Calabasas and won 9-2. The Bearcats then went on to play Oxnard falling 5-7.
- Saturday 1/20: The girls played Louisville to end in a 7-4. Ventura came next and the girls won 9-8 coming back from being down 7-4 in the end of the fourth quarter scoring the winning goal with ten seconds left. The last game was the consolation championship game against Malibu. The girl’s got out to an early lead and was up 8-1 at halftime. The Bearcats won the game receiving 4-1 record on the weekend and ninth in the tournament of over 25 teams. A pair of sophomores, Halle Nash and Tatiana Smeltzer, led the team with 11 goals each that weekend. Finley Burns had 52 saves on the weekend with a career high of 18 saves in the Oxnard game and just yesterday our Paso Robles Bearcats defeated Morro Bay High School in a non-league game. JV won 9-2 and varsity won 8-2.
Up next for the Bearcats, JV is participating in a tournament in Arroyo Grande today and tomorrow. On Friday, Feb. 2, 2018, both JV and varsity will be traveling to Camarillo High School.
PRHS Student Wrestling has competed in many wrestling tournaments over the course of the season, with a couple of PRHS wrestlers who just recently placed at the 91 team CIT Tournament. Dylan Maduena and Hunter Deverick placed in the top eight of their respected weight classes. Paso Robles wrestling has four conference wins by defeating San Luis Obispo 54-0, St. Joseph 69-12, Arroyo Grance 34-33 and Atascadero 51-22. Paso Robles travels to Righetti High School next Tuesday, Jan. 30, 2018 for a big match.
On a side note: PRHS will be hosting the PAC 8 Wrestling Championships on Saturday, Feb. 10, 2018.