Bearcats head to CIF State Bowl Game Saturday
Paso Robles High Athletic Department is organizing busses to take spectators to Lakeside
The Paso Robles High School varsity football team won the California Interscholastic Federation Southern Section North Division football championship title on Dec. 5, 13-10, which means that the Bearcats will go on to play for the Division III Suuth California State Championship.
The regional game will take place Saturday, Dec. 13 at 7:30 p.m. in Lakeside, which is 25 miles northeast of San Diego. The Bearcats (13-1) will take on the El Capitan High School Vaqueros (13-0). The Vaqueros defeated Rancho Bernardo 14-7 in the CIF San Diego Section Division II Championship game. This game will be the first time either team has gone to the CIF Regional Bowl.
Though the team will play 336 miles away from home, the Paso Robles High School Athletic Department is organizing busses to take Bearcat fans to the game. The bus will leave at 9 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 13 and return on Sunday, Dec. 14 at about 6 a.m. The cost is $80 per person. In order to be sure there are enough people to fill the busses, Paso Robles High Assistant Principal Tom Harrington is asking for a quick response. Contact the athletic department as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tickets to the game will be presold at the school’s ASB office Wednesday through Friday this week from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The cost is $12 for adults and $8 for students, children 6 to 13 and seniors 65 and older.
“I recommend, if you are going to the game, you purchase presale tickets,” Harrington said. “The stadium at El Capitan has a seating capacity of about 6,000. I do not know how many they can accommodate in standing room only.”
Watch Bearcats play Saturday night
The CIF Regional Division III Football Championship Bowl Game between the Paso Robles Bearcats and El Capitan Vaqueros on Saturday will be broadcast by Time Warner Communication. The game will be carried live from El Capitan High School in Lakeside, California. Kickoff time is 7:30 pm. The game can be seen at http://www.twcsportschannel.com.
Other CIF Regional Bowl match-ups:
- Centennial, Corona (12-2, 5-0) vs. De La Salle (13-0) at StubHub Center on Saturday, Dec. 20 at 8 p.m.
- North: Grant, Sacramento (14-0, 7-0) vs. Folsom (14-0, 6-0) at Sacramento State on Friday, Dec. 12 at 7:30 p.m.
- South: Edison, Fresno (12-1, 4-0) vs. Oceanside (13-0, 4-0) at Oceanside High School on Friday, Dec. 12 at 7:30 p.m.
- North: Oakdale (13.1, 6-1) vs. Clayton Valley Charter (14-0, 5-0) at Clayton Valley Charter on Saturday, Dec. 13 at 7:30 p.m.
- South: Ridgeview, Bakersfield (12-1, 5-0) vs. Redlands East Valley (13-1, 7-0) at Citrus Valley High School in Redlands on Saturday, Dec. 13 at 7:30 p.m.
- North: Sutter (13-0, 6-0) vs. Campolindo, Moraga (14-0, 6-0) at Acalanes High School in Lafayette on Saturday, Dec. 13 at 7:30 p.m.
- South: Paso Robles (13-1, 3-1) vs. El Capitan, Lakeside (13-0, 5-0)
- North: Capital Christian, Sacramento (13-0, 6-0) vs. Central Catholic, Modesto (10-3, 5-2) at Central Catholic on Friday, Dec. 12 at 7:30 p.m.
- South: St. Margaret’s, San Juan Capistrano (14-0, 4-0) vs. Christian, El Cajon (13-0, 3-0) at Granite Hills High School in El Cajon on Friday, Dec. 12 at 7:30 p.m.
The winners of each game will go on to the state championship in each division. The games will be played in Carson in The Home Depot Stadium on Saturday, Dec. 20. If the Bearcats beat El Capitan, they will face off with Sutter or Campolindo at noon. According to CIF, the Bearcats’ game will be broadcast live on TV on TWC Community and online at www.TWCCommunity.com.