Best things to do in Paso Robles
If you are visiting Paso Robles for a vacation or weekend getaway, you’ve got a lot options for fun things to do here. We’ve put together much more than the “top 10 things to do in Paso Robles.” That’s because there are too many things to do to keep it to a top 10 list. The area’s number one attraction is wine tasting. After tasting the fruit of the local vines, checkout some of the many other things to do. Here are some examples: beer tasting, olive oil tasting, fine dining, museum tours, farmer’s market, Lake Nacimiento, art galleries, golfing, Mission San Miguel and more.
One of the top attractions in Paso Robles in wine tasting. Local wineries and tasting rooms welcome visitors to come and sample their latest creations. Paso Robles is especially known for its heritage grape zinfandel, but is also earning respect and accolades for its Rhone-style blends of syrah, grenache and mourvedre. Many local wineries offer food and wine pairing, barrel tasting, and winery tours. Wine tasting is sometimes free, but many wineries charge $10 to $20 per tasting. There are too many great wineries to list them all here, so check out this Paso Robles Wine Tasting Map for more information. For Paso Robles Wine Tours, try these services:
Paso Robles may be wine country, but there is plenty of room for beer. Take a Paso Robles beer tasting tour and learn about all the craft beers and ales made right here in our back yard.
- Firestone Walker Brewing Company offers beer tasting tours in the Tap Room restaurant and complimentary guided tours of their brew house and cellar by appointment throughout the week. Tours last about 20-30 minutes, space is very limited and reservations are required at least 24 hours in advance. The brewery is located at 1400 Ramada Dr. in Paso Robles, CA. Call for reservations (805) 225-5911 x 638.
- BarrelHouse Brewing Company offers beer tastings daily. Tours are held Friday through Sunday starting at 2 p.m. Tours will fill up, please arrive early and check in at the bar to secure your spot. Barrelhouse Brewing Company is located at 3055 Limestone Way in Paso Robles, call (805) 296-1128.
- Earth and Fire Brewing Company is open Friday, 2 p.m. – 9 p.m., Saturday, noon-9 p.m., and Sunday noon-6 p.m. It’s located at 825 Riverside Ave Ste 1 Paso Robles Ca 93446 (805) 270-2595.
- Silva Brewing is located at 525 Pine St., Suite B. It can be accessed from the Pour House or from the alley behind the buildings. It’s open 3 to 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday, and noon to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Toro Creek Brewing Co. is a new microbrewery with a tasting room at 1111 Riverside Ave., Suite 103. It is open 2 to 8 p.m. Tuesday to Thursday, 2 to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 2 to 6 p.m. Sunday.
Olive oil tasting
- Alta Cresta produces extra virgin olive oils made from estate grown Italian varietals 10 acres at 6075 High Ridge Road, Paso Robles, Call (805)-227-4751.
- Kiler Ridge Olive Farm produces award-winning, organic olive oils. Sample Tuscan-style olive oil and food pairings while enjoying panoramic views of Westside orchards and vineyards at 1111 Kiler Canyon Road, only two miles from downtown Paso Robles. Call (805) 400-1439.
- Olivas de Oro Olive Co. offers tasting of their award-winning, sustainably-grown olive oils and vinegars. Open Friday to Monday from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. or by appointment at 4625 La Panza Rd off Highway 41 and Creston Road. Call (805) 227-4223.
- Pasolivo Olive Oil offers tastings of handcrafted olive oils and artisanal foods at its westside tasting room. Its open daily from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. at 8530 Vineyard Dr. and downtown at 1229 Park St., Paso Robles. Call (805) 227-0186, (805) 226-8800.
- We Olive is a retail shop and tasting spot at 1311 Park St., Paso Robles. They have a huge selection and friendly knowledgeable staff. Call (805) 239-7667.
Enjoy fine dining
Foodies are flocking to Paso Robles as fining dining is exploding on the local scene. Many offer fresh farm to table cuisine. Some of the best places to eat in Paso Robles include Artisan, Berry Hill Bistro (California bistro), Bistro Laurent (French), Buona Tavola (Northern Italian), Enoteca Restaurant (California bistro), Fish Gaucho (seafood), Goshi Japanese, Il Cortile (Northern Italian), Jaffa Cafe (Mediterranean), La Cosecha (South American), McPhee’s Grill (steakhouse), Mistura (Peruvian), Panolivo Family Bistro, Paso Robles Steakhouse, Thomas Hill Organics (California bistro), Yanagi Sushi & Grill, and Villa Creek (California bistro).
- Estrella Warbird Museum hosts a collection for wartime history with planes, guns, flight simulator and interactive displays. A new addition is the Woodland Auto Display with a large automobile collection. Kids of all ages will enjoy the exhibits here. The museum is located at 4251 Dry Creek Road near the Paso Robles Airport. Call (805) 227-0440.
- Paso Robles Historical Society is a local archive and repository for records and other materials. The Paso Robles Historical Society is located at the historic Carnegie Library in the downtown city Park. Open every day but Wednesday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Free admission, (805) 238-4996.
- Paso Robles Pioneer Museum has a great collection of visual and written history. It’s a good place to take a 1 to 2-hour tour of local history. It has an old school house on the grounds so children can look back into a classroom more than 100 years old. It’s located at 2010 Riverside Avenue in downtown Paso Robles. Narrated tours are available to groups. Call (805) 239-4556.
- Paso Robles Children’s Museum at the historic Paso Robles Firehouse is open Wednesday and Saturday 10 a.m.- 4 p.m. and Thursday, Friday and Sunday 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Admission is $6 for kids age 11-3, $7 for adults and $5 for grandparents. call (805) 238-7432.
Visit the farmer’s market
Come and experience the many agricultural products this area has to offer. Try new flavors as the vendors let you sample a variety of their fruits, vegetables, flowers, honey, hand-made crafts and offerings. Paso Robles has a farmers market on Tuesdays from 3 to 6 p.m. and one on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The farmer’s markets are hosted in the Downtown Paso Robles City Park under the trees at 11th & Spring Streets in downtown Paso Robles.
Explore Lake Nacimiento
Lake Nacimiento, just 30 minutes northwest of Paso Robles, is a top destination for camping and water sports like skiing and wake-boarding, kayaking and paddle-boarding. Fishing is also popular at the lake. The lake is fully stocked and supplies are available at the marina store. Enjoy hiking over 100 miles of designated trails among Lake Nacimiento’s surrounding pine and oak groves and taking scenic leisure walks along it’s shoreline. The lake is a great place to cool off with the temperatures start heating up. Check current water level here. Lake Nacimiento Resort is located at 10625 Nacimiento Lake Drive, Bradley, CA 93426. Reach the marina at (805) 238-1056.
Go see a live performance
- Check out event listings at Paso Robles Weekend Events
- Vina Robles Amphitheatre offers an extended concert season running from early spring to late fall.
- Local bars and wineries regularly host live bands. Check out the Pine Street Salon, The Pour House, BarrelHouse Brewing Co., The Ranch, Castoro Cellars, Sculpterra Winery, D’Anbino Vineyards and more at the Paso Robles Wine Country Alliance.
- Songwriters At Play hosts live performances at wineries at other venues around Paso Robles most weekends.
- Paso Robles Concerts in the Park series brings downtown city park alive on Thursday nights from June through August.
- The Mid-State Fair attracts top national talent during its two week summer run. The concert line up is announced in the spring.
- The Paderewski Festival celebrates the life of Paso Robles’ most famous resident, Ignacy Jan Paderewski, with five days of concerts and special events in early November.
Visit art galleries
Paso Robles has a variety of art galleries and studios to enjoy. One highlight is Studios on the Park in the heart of downtown. Come watch some of the county’s most accomplished artists at work in their studios and see how each artist uses their favorite medium to create decorative, functional, and wearable art.
- Dale Evers Design Studio – 1000 Park St, Paso Robles, (805) 434-9237
- EarthTones Gifts & Gallery – 1319 Park St., Paso Robles, (805) 238-4413
- Firefly Gallery – 839 12th St. Paso Robles, (805) 237-9265
- Viva Paso –1211 Pine Street, Paso Robles, (805) 296-3373
- Sculpterra Sculpture Garden – 5015 Linne Road, Paso Robles, (888) 302-8881
- Studios on the Park – 1130 Pine St., Paso Robles (805) 238-9800
Shop for antiques
- Relics Antique Mall – Over 4,000 sq. ft. of antiques and vintage decor showcasing the wares of over 30 vendors and designers. 1329 Spring Street, Paso Robles. (805) 296-3612.
- Reminisce Antiques – A village of shops with a large selection of antiques and
treasures including vintage items, home decor, western, gifts, jewelry, accessories and more. 1344 Pine St., Paso Robles. (805) 239-1001.
- Vineyard Antiques – A 10,000 sq.ft. antique mall with antique furniture from primitive to elegant, old tools, glassware, pottery, artifacts, toys, wine accessories, jewelry and more. 2320 Ramada Dr., Paso Robles. (805) 237-4012.
See early California history at Mission San Miguel
Mission San Miguel Arcangel is just a few miles north of Paso Robles on Highway 101. Explore early California history at the mission museum and gift shop. Its open daily from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for self-guided tours. The church closes at 5 p.m. Weekday Mass is held Monday through Friday at 8 a.m., Saturday Mass is held at 9 a.m. and a Saturday Vigil is held at 5 p.m. Sunday Mass is held at 7 and 11 a.m. and at 6 p.m. in Spanish. Call (805) 467-3256.
See animals up close at Zoo To You
Paso Robles has a small rural zoo, Zoo To You, that is open for guided tours on the weekends at 3 p.m. Come visit a mountain lion, bear, alligator, eagles and more. Call to confirm and let them know you will be there. (805) 391-0604.
- Hunter Ranch Golf Course is a hidden gem that mixes small town charm with world class golf and dining experiences. Rated 4.5 stars by Golf Digest, Hunter Ranch features unparalleled vistas across its rolling oak studded terrain, surrounded by vineyards and natural beauty. (805)-237-7444.
- Paso Robles Golf Club – This 18-hole championship golf course is the hidden gem of SLO County. Relax in the restaurant, bar or veranda after your round of golf. Sharpen your game with a golf lesson from one of our PGA Professionals and enjoy our expansive practice facilities.1600 Country Club Dr., Paso Robles. (805) 238-4722.
- River Oaks Golf Course – A unique “6-Hole Player Development” course offering 3 sets of tees. Perfect for advanced, intermediate, beginners, juniors, seniors and women golfers. River Oaks Golf Course is ideal for golfers looking for a quick round. 700 Clubhouse Dr., (805) 226-8099.
- Disc Golf at Castoro Cellars – For a different kind of golfing experience, check out the disc golf course at Castoro Cellars. The Whale Rock Disc Golf Course is a premier 18-hole course located near the wine tasting room off Highway 46 West. All holes are par three with distances ranging from 225-490 feet with multiple pin locations. The course is open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Cost is $5 per person. Click here for more details.
Go play at the Ravine Water Park
During the summer months, the Ravine Water Park is the closest thing to an amusement park in Paso Robles. It has a several fun and exciting water rides, like the Kamakaze drop slide, Vertigo body bowl, lazy river and wave pool. It offers cabanas and food and beverage service. The Ravine is open Memorial Day to Labor Day. It’s located on Highway 46 East at Airport Road in Paso Robles. Call (805) 237-8500.
Editor’s note: The Best of Paso Robles is a special section of the Paso Robles Daily News. The series recommends local businesses and places that the writers and editors have personally visited and recommend. If you would like to suggest something fun to do in Paso Robles for consideration in this series, click here to contact the Paso Robles Daily News, or call Access Publishing at (805) 226-9890.
Facebook Comments Plugin Powered byVivacity Infotech Pvt. Ltd.