Central Coast Wine Competition gives awards for best labels
Awards given to the most exciting labels in wine, spirits, and vinegar
The Central Coast Wine Competition recently announced the winners of its Design & Packaging Competition.
The design awards were in conjunction with the Central Coast Wine Competition, California Craft Spirits Competition, and the Central Coast Vinegar Competition, which were held June 21 and 22 at the California Mid-State Fair.
A team of six judges from marketing and graphic design studios in San Luis Obispo County voted on different labels for the five categories: Most Evocative of the Central Coast, Classic, Modern, Untraditional, and Artistic Brand Series.
“Labels have more recently become extremely important in adding to the experience of the wine and spirits, and some of the best labels in the world have been placed on bottles made right here in the Central Coast,” said Tim McDonald, the CCWC Chief Wine Judge, and president of Wine Spoken Here.
In the Wine Category…
- Most Evocative of the Central Coast was awarded to San Simeon’s 2015 Monterey Chardonnay (Paso Robles, CA).
- The winner of the Classic category was Summerwood’s 2014 Sentio (Paso Robles, CA). The Untraditional winner was Scheid Family Wine’s 2015 Odd Lot (Greenfield, CA).
- The Modern winner was Grey Wolf’s 2014 Zinfandel (Paso Robles, CA).
- The Artistic Brand Series winner was Marin’s Vineyard’s 2014 Petit Verdot (Lockwood, CA).
In the Spirits Category…
- Most Evocative of the Central Coast went to Willow Creek Distillery Chamomile Liqueur (Paso Robles, CA).
- The Classic winner was Bethel Rd Distillery Aged Grape Brandy (Templeton, CA).
- Untraditional winner was Calwise Blonde Rum (San Luis Obispo, CA).
- The Modern winner was Re:Find Barrel Finished Vodka (Paso Robles, CA)
- The Artistic Brand Series winner was Calwise Spiced Rum (San Luis Obispo, CA).
In the Vinegar Category…
The judges voted on their top Vinegar labels based on an overall evaluation of the labels.
- The Gold Medal was awarded to Kimberly Wine Vinegar (Acampo, CA).
- Silver went to Aris Tangerine Vinegar (Paso Robles, CA).
- Bronze medal was awarded to Chaparral Gardens Balsamic Vinegar (Atascadero, CA).
About The Design & Packaging Competition
The Design & Packaging Competition highlights the excellent quality and creativity that is growing in the packaging and labels of wine, craft spirits, and vinegar. The gold medal winners are recognized for their uniqueness and ability to represent their product with diversity and artfulness. The Design & Packaging Competition is a collaboration of six California fairs: California Mid-State Fair (July 19-30); Contra Costa County Fair; Cow Palace/Grand National Livestock Exposition, Horse Show and Rodeo; Monterey County Fair; San Benito County Fair; and Santa Maria Fairpark.