City issues storm preparedness measures
–Rainfall amounts from anticipated winter storms could be significant, which may potentially cause local flooding. The City of Paso Robles has taken preemptive measures, such as drain cleaning, to reduce the flooding potential where possible.
Sand is available at the city yard, 1220 Paso Robles Street, for those who wish to make sandbags to protect private property. Bring a shovel. Empty sand bags are available for purchase at the following locations:
- American Builders Supply 1108 Paso Robles St. (805) 239-4317
- Lowe’s 2445 Golden Hill Road (805) 602-9051
- Blake’s Hardware 1701 Riverside Avenue (805) 238-3934
- OSH (Orchard) 2505 Theatre Drive (805) 226-0604
- Farm Supply 2450 Ramada Drive (805) 238-1177
For a flood safety checklist and additional guidance on disaster preparedness visit the City of Paso Robles Emergency Services website.
Important Emergency Contact Information:
- Emergencies Paso Robles Police Department 911 or (805) 237-6464
- Electrical/Power PG&E (800) 743-5002
- Storm/Street/Drainage Questions Department of Public Works (805) 237-3861