City warns storms expected later this week may cause flooding
Sand available for sand bag fill-up
–Rainfall amounts from anticipated winter storms could be significant, which may potentially cause local flooding, according to the City of Paso Robles. City staff have taken preemptive measures to mitigate and/or reduce the flooding potential where possible (i.e., drain cleaning, etc.).
Weather Underground reports a 99-percent chance of rain today with a heavy storm rolling in after 3 p.m.
Should residents wish to make sand bags to protect private property, the city has sand available at the City Streets Yard located at 1220 Paso Robles Street (refer to the graphic below). Please make sure to bring a shovel.
Empty sand bags are available for purchase at the following locations:
- American Builders Supply 1108 Paso Robles St. (805) 239-4317.
- Lowe’s 2445 Golden Hill Road (805) 602-9051.
- Blake’s Hardware 1701 Riverside Avenue (805) 238-3934.
- OSH (Orchard) 2505 Theatre Drive (805) 226-0604.
- Farm Supply 2450 Ramada Drive (805) 238-1177.
For further information contact the City of Paso Robles Public Works Department at (805) 237-3861.
For guidance on disaster preparedness (i.e., Flood Safety Checklist), visit the City of Paso Robles Emergency Services web site.
Important emergency contact information
- Emergencies Paso Robles Police Department: 911 or (805) 237-6464.
- Electrical/Power PG&E: 1-800-743-5002.
- StormsStreet/drainage questions: Department of Public Works (805) 237-3861.