COVID-19: Daily case numbers drop back down, three more cases confirmed over weekend
–As of Sunday afternoon, the County of San Luis Obispo reported 166 total confirmed cases of COVID-19 coronavirus. On Saturday there were two more recorded cases, and on Sunday there was just one case diagnosed.
There are 126 recovered cases. 36 are recovering at home. One person has died from the virus. Three people are hospitalized, one is in the ICU.
Plans to begin re-opening the county in phases are still underway, but for now, the county remains under State order to continue the shelter-in-place.
Distribution of COVID-19 cases in San Luis Obispo County
- Paso Robles reported COVID-19 cases: 51
- Atascadero reported COVID-19 cases: 28
- Arroyo Grande reported COVID-19 cases: 19
- City of San Luis Obispo reported COVID-19 cases: 14
- Nipomo reported COVID-19 cases: 14
- San Miguel reported COVID-19: 7
- Templeton reported COVID-19 cases: 7
- Morro Bay reported COVID-19 cases: 6
- Pismo Beach reported COVID-19 cases: 7
- Other San Luis Obispo County reported COVID-19 cases: 12
Ages of COVID-19 cases in San Luis Obispo County
- Age 0-17 years old – 10
- Age 18-49 years old – 63
- Age 50 – 64 years – 51
- Age 65 and older – 42
Cases of COVID-19 by status in San Luis Obispo County
- At home – 36
- Hospitalized – 3
- Recovered – 126
- Deaths – 1
Source of transmission of COVID-19 cases in San Luis Obispo County
- Travel related transmission – 50
- Known person-to-person transmission – 61
- Unknown community-acquired transmission – 55
Number of people tested for COVID-19 in San Luis Obispo County
The county reports conducting 1133 COVID-19 tests in its lab. An unknown number of residents have been tested by private labs, the county reports. The county detected 54 cases, and 112 cases were detected by private labs. Private labs doing testing include WestPac Labs, Quest Diagnostics, Pacific Diagnostic Laboratories, LabCorp, and VRDL.
- Follow all local COVID-19 coronavirus news updates
- San Luis Obispo County COVID-19 website – readyslo.org