Paso Robles News|Friday, May 29, 2020
You are here: Home » Atascadero » Crews respond to house fire in Atascadero
  • Follow Us!

Crews respond to house fire in Atascadero 

–On Wednesday, at 11:35 a.m., the Atascadero Fire Department responded to a residential structure fire at 8255 Azucena in Atascadero. Investigators believe the fire was due to a buildup of lint in the dryer and exhaust hose. The first arriving engine found a single-story, single-family residence with light smoke coming from an open window. Crews determined the fire had been extinguished by owner/occupant Matt McDermott with a fire extinguisher. However, the dryer was still smoldering. Crews removed the dryer from the residence and utilized positive pressure fans to clear the remaining smoke from the residence.

Crews estimate about $400,000 in structural damage was saved. No injuries were reported.



Share this post!
Share on Facebook

Facebook

Tweet about this on Twitter

Twitter

Comments

About the author: News Staff

News staff of the Paso Robles Daily News wrote and edited this story from local contributors and press releases. Scott Brennan is the publisher of this newspaper and founder of Access Publishing. Connect with him on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, or follow his blog. He can be reached at scott@pasoroblesdailynews.com.