Cuesta College fall semester starts Aug. 21
–The fall 2017 semester at Cuesta College begins August 21 and hundreds of courses are available at the San Luis Obispo (SLO) Campus, North County Campus in Paso Robles, South County Center in Arroyo Grande and online. Students can now register for courses in the areas of agriculture, architecture, biology, business, computer information systems, English, engineering, film television and electronic media, graphic design, mathematics, welding, and more. The semester runs through Dec. 22 and includes full-term courses and less than full-term classes that run 17 weeks to less than two weeks. Free emeritus courses promoting lifelong learning are also being offered from all three college sites. For a full list of classes, visit www.cuesta.edu and click Class Finder.
The following information is new for the fall 2017 semester:
• Plant Science Facility on the North County Campus & Expanded Agriculture Course Offerings. Cuesta College’s agriculture program (which includes a transfer degree in agriculture business) is expanding this fall with a new transfer degree in plant science and courses in agriculture mechanics. The North County Campus is currently constructing a brand new plant science complex that will include greenhouses, raised planter beds, large shade structures, and more. The facility will serve as a working laboratory for students.
• SLO Campus Offering First-Year Experience program IZoom Offered solely on the North County Campus last year, IZoom is expanding and will offer student support services to 80 students this fall on the SLO Campus. IZoom is a rigorous, fast-track program designed to help first-year college students complete their pre-college-level English and math courses faster, helping them move into university-level classes sooner. For program qualification details, email IZoom Program Director Regina Voge.
• North County Campus Activity Courses & Intro to Kinesiology. Students now have the opportunity to complete the Associate Degree for Transfer in Kinesiology from the North County Campus. In addition, the North County Campus now offers kinesiology activity courses in areas like Pilates, yoga for fitness, and trail running.
• Student Success Center Expansion & Open House. The SLO Campus Student Success Center is expanding this fall and will hold an open house on Aug. 31. Attendees can tour the center’s study area, writing center, and meet the fall 2017 tutors for math, sciences, statistics, basic skills courses and ESL. The center promotes the academic skills, learning strategies, and habits necessary for academic success and provides free drop-in tutoring, embedded tutoring, a writing center, college success lab, and student success workshops.
• Exhibit Featuring Prison Inmate Artworks. Cuesta College will host Between the Bars, an art exhibit featuring artworks created by California Men’s Colony (CMC) inmates. The opening reception is August 30 from 4 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. on the SLO Campus. The exhibit is an opportunity to re-humanize the men incarcerated at the CMC, who often feel invisible to the communities that surround them.
• Harold J. Miossi Art Gallery Exhibits. The SLO Campus’s Harold J. Miossi Art Gallery will host four exhibits this fall: artist Anila Agha’s All the Flowers Are For Me (Aug. 24-Sept. 22), Inverse Performance Art Festival (Sept. 28-Sept. 30), artist Jim Dessicino’s Without Papers (Oct. 5-Nov. 3), and artist Oliver Herring’s Artist Residency (Nov. 13-Dec. 22). For details on the Harold J. Miossi Art Gallery, click here.
This fall, the Regional Transit Authority (RTA) will once again offer students on both the SLO and North County campuses free RTA bus services for the first two weeks of classes by showing their student ID or printed class schedule. For full details on the RTA service hours on both campuses please call (805) 541-2228 or visit www.slorta.org.
Students can get information on how to apply, register and enroll in fall 2017 courses by going to http://www.cuesta.edu/apply/. Courses are $46 per unit. For more information, please call (805) 546-3100.
Facebook Comments Plugin Powered byVivacity Infotech Pvt. Ltd.