Cuesta students honor instructors, staff for excellence
–On Dec. 7, Alpha Gamma Sigma (AGS), Cuesta College’s academic honor society and service organization for students, will honor seven instructors and three classified staff at the seventh annual 2017 AGS Teacher Appreciation Night ceremony. The 10 individuals will be recognized for going above and beyond expectations and influencing students’ academic success from 5 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. on the San Luis Obispo Campus, in building 5400, room 5401.
The mission of AGS is to promote and recognize academic excellence. The instructors and staff members were nominated by AGS members and selected by AGS Executive Cabinet officers. “Cuesta College has many excellent teachers and staff; the goal of these awards each year is to show how much their hard work is valued by the students,” said AGS faculty advisor Dr. Christopher Gilbert.
The award recipients are:
- Cerena Caeser, Academic Success Coach
- Denise Chellsen, Mathematics Instructor
- Susan Gossard, Academic Counselor
- Ann Maliszewski, Biology Instructor
- Katherine Neidhardt, Psychology Instructor
- Jennifer Noriega, Student Success Center Technician
- Judy Rittmiller, Disabled Students Programs & Services (DSPS) Program Assistant
- Ignatios Vakalis, Business Education Instructor
- John Veres, Biology Instructor
- Michael Walker, Music Instructor
Alpha Gamma Sigma is a statewide community college student honor society with the purpose of fostering, promoting, maintaining and recognizing scholarship. The Gamma chapter at Cuesta College provides members with scholarship opportunities, social activities and leadership-building skills. For more information, please contact the Student Life & Leadership Office at (805) 546-3289.