Daughters of the American Revolution award ‘Good Citizenship’ awards
El Paso de Robles Chapter passes out over 29 youth awards
–The El Paso de Robles Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution Youth Awards Committee presented Youth Good Citizen Awards at 12 schools, representing all the school districts in North County, along with a number of private schools participated.
Those receiving certificates and medals were:
- Almond Acres – Sixth Grade: Wyatt Whisenhunt; Seventh Grade: Emily Griffith
- Atascadero Middle School: Sixth Grade: Gabriela Segundo Seventh Grade: Savannah Shoemaker; Eighth Grade: Nina Bedell
- Cappy Culver – Sixth Grade: Kylee Dayton; Seventh Grade: Eden Quick, Eighth Grade: Madison Tosti
- Daniel Lewis- Sixth Grade: America Osuna, Seventh Grade: Bella Bowen; Eighth Grade: Malia Gaviola
- Independence- Sixth Grade: Peyton Bedrosian Seventh Grade: Anthony Jung; Eighth Grade: Jonah Pintor
- Lillian Larsen – Sixth Grade: Sayur Mercado: Isreal de Alba Eighth Grade: Elinda Vega
- North County Christian- Sixth Grade: Caden Matuszewicz; Seventh Grade: Rian Huffman; Eighth Grade: Kimme Anderson
- Templeton Hills- Seventh Grade: Jorge Mercado
- Templeton Middle School: Madeline Elizabeth Bobbitt
- Trinity Lutheran: Sixth Grade: Kyra Otte; Seventh Grade: Olivia Wright; Eighth Grade- Kelli Hopkins
- Shandon: Sixth Grade: Miguel Gonzales; Seventh Grade: Leilana Lopez;
- Pleasant Valley: Sixth Grade: Kennea Valdez
The qualifications set forth by the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution to honor outstanding students are:
- Honor: honesty-high principles, trustworthiness, loyalty, truthfulness, punctuality, moral strength, and stability, cleanliness in mind and body.
- Service: cooperation, meritorious behavior bringing honor to school or community, kindliness, true Americanism – individual responsibility to Home, to Country, to God.
- Courage: mental and physical, determination to overcome obstacles.
- Leadership: personality – originality- ability to lead and hold others – good sportsmanship -responsibility.
- Patriotism: fundamental Americanism