Daughters of the American Revolution award ‘Good Citizenship’ awards
El Paso de Robles Chapter passes out over 24 youth awards
–The El Paso de Robles Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution Youth Awards Committee presented Youth Good Citizen Awards at 12 schools, representing all the school districts in North County, along with a number of private schools participated.
Those receiving certificates and medals were:
- Almond Acres Charter Academy – Sixth Grade: Olivia Heinbach, Seventh Grade: Nathaly Gutierrez, Eighth Grade: Christopher Murphy
- Atascadero Middle School – Sixth Grade: Lucas Pulse, Seventh Grade: Andrea Casey, Eighth Grade: Lauren Muell
- Cappy Culver Elementary School – Sixth Grade: Kayanna Hearn, Seventh Grade: Jolie Clack
- Daniel E. Lewis Middle School – Sixth Grade: Chandler Schaffer, Seventh Grade Rylinn MacDonald, Eighth Grade: Bella Bowen
- Lillian Larsen Elementary School – Eighth Grade: Marisol Aguilar
- Independence High School – Sixth Grade: Aleah Johnson, Seventh Grade Whitley Oliver, Eighth Grade: Helen Higuera,
- North County Christian School – Sixth Grade: Sydni Morris, Seventh Grade: Carter Paisano
- Pleasant Valley School – Sixth Grade: Arely Garcia-Araujo
- Templeton Hills Adventist School – Eighth Grade: Natasha Parrish
- Templeton Middle School – Eighth Grade: Delanie Stetz
- Trinity Lutheran School – Sixth Grade: Vanessa Fletes, Seventh Grade: Kyra Otte, Eighth Grade: Alyssa Taylor
The qualifications set forth by the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution to honor outstanding students are:
- Honor: honesty-high principles, trustworthiness, loyalty, truthfulness, punctuality, moral strength, and stability, cleanliness in mind and body.
- Service: cooperation, meritorious behavior bringing honor to school or community, kindliness, true Americanism – individual responsibility to home, to country, to God.
- Courage: mental and physical, determination to overcome obstacles.
- Leadership: personality – originality- ability to lead and hold others – good sportsmanship -responsibility.
- Patriotism: fundamental Americanism