DJ Service In San Luis Obispo Publishes The Top Tips For A Great Company Party
–When the days start getting shorter and the air a little crisper, everyone starts thinking about the holidays and holiday parties. Company parties, especially a holiday party, are a great way for the boss to show employees how much they are appreciated. But, like any other event, the party needs some planning. The coordinator, Michelle Ortiz, from Music Makers DJ Service from San Luis Obispo, CA, has some tips for a great company party.
- Where to hold the party, when, food and beverage selections, décor, and the event program need to be figured out quite a way ahead of time. All the planning needs to be done along with the coordinator’s regular job at work. It helps to have some guidelines to make sure everything is covered:
- Decide the date and time. An informal party can take place right after work. If the party is during the week and people have to show up to work the next day, a great party can still happen between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. with the right planning. For a more formal party, where guests get dressed up and maybe even rent a limousine to get there and back, the weekend is better.
- Everyone gets busy during the Holidays and other commitments might interfere with a company party. Consider holding the party before or after the holidays get into full swing.
- Organize a team to plan the party so all of the work doesn’t fall on one person, and start at least six to eight weeks before the date.
- Give the team a budget that is sufficient enough to cover the venue, food and beverages, entertainment, decorations, and incidentals.
- Decide on alcohol consumption and limits. A no-host bar can lead to too much celebrating and the risk of someone driving intoxicated. Providing alcohol and a bartender is one way to control how much alcohol is available. Closing the bar and removing the alcohol about an hour before the party ends is another way to control alcohol consumption. Setting up a coffee and tea bar with some snacks when the bar is closed helps the guests sober up before driving home.
- Plan the program. Hire a DJ service for dancing and background music. A service like Music Makers DJ Service in San Luis Obispo can also help plan the event.
- A short appreciation speech from the boss is always in order. Are employee awards and special recognition part of the program?
- Family parties are always appropriate and can be held during an afternoon. Plan age-appropriate children’s and family activities for a fun afternoon and end the party with dinner.
- Does the company support a local charity or food drive? Asking employees to bring packaged food for a food barrel or some other donation is a way to support local charities. Children’s gift drives during the Holidays are another option.
Music Makers DJ Service from San Luis Obispo is one-stop-shopping for music, dancing and event planning. They have an extensive music database of nearly 100,000 songs and provide the professional DJ, the lighting and sound. With well over 5000 events to their credit and more than 30 years in the business, Music Makers knows how to put on a great event without costing an arm and leg. Call for your appointment to get started!
This press release is by San Luis Obispo SEO company Access Publishing, 806 9th Street, #2D, Paso Robles, CA 93446. (805) 226-9890.