Fall home show is Aug. 29-30
– The Inspired Home, Garden, & Gourmet Expo will be held Aug. 29-30 at the Paso Robles Event Center. The home show will feature live demonstrations of products, and chances to explore the textures of different types of flooring, countertops, and cabinets. There will also be home and garden resources, heating and air professionals, water filters, alarm companies, and local gourmet food and wine.
This bi-annual event has something new every time from new businesses in the area, including specials on services and products, new recipes to try out for the holidays, and home improvement ideas. There will be two showcases displayed: a full 20 x 20’ garage and a 20 x 20’ bedroom. Each item in the showcase is available through a local exhibitor. T
The event will feature a talk by Michael Cervin, the author of the recently released book, “Our World of Water: the Good, the Bad & and Ugly of Earth’s Most Critical Resource.” Cervin has been the senior editor for the website Bottled Water Web for a decade, writing about every aspect of the water industry. He has been both water judge and water master at the Berkeley Springs International Water Tasting for multiple years, he was invited by the Chinese government to participate in the Golden Headwater Protection Summit in Beijing, China and he appears on TV on Fox News Health discussing water issues. His water articles have appeared on Santa Barbara News-Press, where he was the restaurant critic for eight years.
There will be free cooking demonstrations from local chefs and businesses including Pasolivo, Groves on 41, Dream Dinners, and others. They will also be offering a $5 wine tasting with all proceeds benefiting The Wellness Kitchen
Cooking Demonstration Schedule:
• 12 p.m. Arugula Salad & Olive Oil Ice Cream with Pasolivo Olive Oil
• 12:45 p.m. Sweet Chipotle Chicken Crepes with Karen Forth, Velata
• 1:30 p.m. Your Daily Olive Oil: Explore the breadth of uses in simple every day cooking! With Karen & Jennifer Tallent, The Groves on 41
• 2:45 p.m. Squash Corn Fritters & Heirloom Tomato Concasse with Food Blogger Kathleen Snyder
• 3:30 p.m. Local Food for Local People with Talley Farms
• 11:30 a.m. Chicken Mirabella & Almond Green Beans with Lauren Persall, Dream Dinners
• 1:00 p.m. Turning Water Into Wine… and Whiskey and Food with Michael Cervin
The home show is at the Paso Robles Event Center, located at 2198 Riverside Rd., on Aug. 29 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. & Aug. 30 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Admission and parking are free.