Family Dentist in Paso Robles Releases The Top Tips For Toddler’s First Toothbrush
–Family dentist in Paso Robles, Lisa Lu Davis, DMD, has prepared a list of tips to help parents choose just the right first toothbrush for their toddlers. “I recommend that parents start dental care when their baby is born,” said Dr. Davis. “Wiping the baby’s gums with a soft cloth is the first step to preventing gum disease later.”
Gum disease develops from bacteria building up in the mouth. Regular brushing and flossing help clean away the bacteria and help prevent plaque from forming. Neglecting oral hygiene can lead to gum disease and loss of bone and teeth. It’s never to early to start a child on the road to healthy dental habits.
- Start when baby is a few days old by gently wiping baby’s gums with a clean, soft cloth. The family dentist in Paso Robles recommends using a fresh clean cloth each time.
- Take advantage of children’s tendency to mimic their parents and let your toddler watch while mommy or daddy brush their teeth. Maybe even have the first toothbrush ready so he or she can play with it. Toddler like to put things in their mouths, so why not a toothbrush?
- Before that first tooth starts showing, go shopping for toddler’s first toothbrush and toothpaste. Ask the family dentist for recommendations.
- Choose a brush designed for children with soft bristles. At first, parents need do the brushing, but it’s still a good idea to get a child-sized brush. Many first toothbrushes come decorated with colorful designs and story-book characters.
- Make an appointment with your dentist in Paso Robles to discuss a check-up schedule. Developing an early friendly relationship between children and dentist helps reduce any anxiety that might develop later.
- Toothbrushes need to be replaced. When it is time to replace toddlers toothbrushes, let them pick out the next one. The American Dental Association recommends replacing toothbrushes every three to four months. It’s also a good idea to replace a toothbrush after a cold or the flu.
Lisa Lu Davis, DMD has provided personalized dentistry in Paso Robles since 2007. Dr. Davis’s office uses state-of-the-art technologies in all procedures. These new technologies allow dental concerns to be detected at early stages and for precision treatments.
Lisa Lu Davis, DMD
2120 Golden Hill Road, Suite 103
Paso Robles, CA 93446
Press release by Paso Robles SEO company Access Publishing, 806 9th Street, #2D, Paso Robles, CA 93446. (805) 226-9890.