Paso Robles News|Monday, December 17, 2018
You are here: Home » Templeton » Fire ignites in Templeton office building due to electrical malfunction
  • Follow Us!

Fire ignites in Templeton office building due to electrical malfunction 

–On Sunday, fire personnel responded to a two-story, commercial building located at 1255 Las Tablas Road in Templeton. Crews heard an audible water flow alarm and upon further investigation found the upstairs portion of the building fully charged with smoke. Crews requested a full commercial structure fire response. Fire crews made access to the building and found one fire sprinkler had activated above a computer cabinet. The fire sprinklers kept the fire contained to the cabinet.

Due to the size and construction features of the building, it took crews several hours to ventilate the smoke from the second story. The fire sprinklers also caused a significant amount of water damage and crews worked hard to remove the water and prevent further damage to the property contained inside the structure.

Crews spent approximately 20 minutes to contain the fire. Crews remained at the scene for approximately 4 hours for salvage, overhaul, and investigation.

No injuries were reported. The occupants of the building were Central Coast Gastroenterology, the Wellness Kitchen, and Pacific Premier Bank. No injuries were reported.

The fire started on the second floor in a computer server cabinet. It was determined to be caused by an electrical malfunction in the computer server cabinet.

Subscribe to daily news



Join our 5,162 daily email subscribers



Comments

About the author: News Staff

News staff of the Paso Robles Daily News wrote and edited this story from local contributors and press releases. Scott Brennan is the publisher of this newspaper and founder of Access Publishing. Connect with him on , Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, or follow his blog. He can be reached at scott@pasoroblesdailynews.com.