Paso Robles News|Wednesday, November 13, 2019
You are here: Home » Atascadero » Fire started by barbecue in Atascadero displaces 19
  • Follow Us!

Fire started by barbecue in Atascadero displaces 19 

Apartment fire atascadero

Photos courtesy of the Atascadero Fire Department.

–19 Atascadero residents are displaced after an apartment complex caught fire Saturday afternoon, according to reports.

The fire ignited around 3:45 p.m. on 9904 El Camino Real. Atascadero Fire crews say a two-story, six-unit apartment building was engulfed in flames when they arrived. Flames were reportedly spreading to adjacent units.

The cause of the fire was determined to be an outdoor barbeque next to a wood fence, reports say.

A bank of six electrical meters that couldn’t be shut down was involved in the fire, creating dangerous conditions for fire crews.

Fire officials estimate about $200,000 worth of damage was done to the building and about $50,000 worth of damage was done to resident’s belongings. An estimated $900,00 worth of property was saved.

Atascadero State Hospital Fire Department, Paso Robles Fire Department, Templeton Fire Department, and CAL FIRE assisted in putting out the flames.

Subscribe to daily news



Join our 5,619 daily email subscribers



Share this post!Share on Facebook

Facebook

Tweet about this on Twitter

Twitter

Comments

About the author: News Staff

News staff of the Paso Robles Daily News wrote and edited this story from local contributors and press releases. Scott Brennan is the publisher of this newspaper and founder of Access Publishing. Connect with him on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, or follow his blog. He can be reached at scott@pasoroblesdailynews.com.