Firefighters respond to building fire on Spring St.
On Monday, October 22, 2012 at 9:35 AM, two companies of Paso Robles Firefighters and one Battalion Chief responded to a commercial structure fire at 2235 Spring Street in Paso Robles.
Firefighters arrived at the scene three (3) minutes after dispatch to find fire burning in a concealed space between two buildings. Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire before it extended into commercial buildings located on both sides; the fire was declared contained ten minutes after firefighters arrived at scene.
Transients appeared to have been living in the concealed space. A fire of unknown cause trapped a lone female in the space. The woman was pulled out by bystanders prior to the fire department’s arrival. She was evaluated at the scene by paramedics and determined to be uninjured.
The cause of the fire was determined to be an overloaded exterior duplex electrical outlet in the concealed space between buildings. The outlet had multiple electrical appliances plugged into it; these appliances overloaded the circuit which caused the fire. Total dollar damage figures continue to be tabulated by Department of Emergency Services Fire Investigators.
A total of eleven (11) firefighters from the Paso Robles Department of Emergency Services and CalFire/SLO County Fire Department responded to the fire. Paso Robles Police Department assisted with traffic control.
Source: Paso Robles Fire Department.