Food Bank hosting county-wide holiday food drive
There are various ways to help the food bank provide, ‘Hope for the Holidays’
–The Food Bank Coalition of San Luis Obispo County will once again be hosting their annual “Hope for the Holidays” food drive. The drive is currently underway and runs through Dec. 24.
This event offers a lot of ways to get involved and give back during the holiday season:
There are various locations across the county where community members can donate food:
- Albertson’s – Niblick Rd.
- Oak Hill Market – 2150 Heritage Loop Rd.
- Food 4 Less –1465 Creston Rd.
- Paso Robles Chevrolet – 2485 Theater Dr.
- Vons – 7135 El Camino Real
- Food 4 Less – 8360 El Camino Real
- Best Western – 3600 El Camino Real
San Luis Obispo
- Vons – 3900 Broad St.,
- Whole Foods – 1531 Froom Ranch Way
- Woodstock’s Pizza – 1000 Higuera St.
- Spark Yoga – 977 E foothill blvd suit 111
- Albertsons – 730 Quintana Rd.
- Spencer’s – 2650 Main St.
- Ralphs – 1320 Los Osos Valley Rd.
- California Fresh Market – 555 Five Cities Dr.
- Vons – 1758 Grand Ave.
- Vons – 520 W Tefft St.
Most needed items:
- Canned fruit & vegetables
- Canned soup
- Canned tuna & other meats
- Dry beans & rice
- Peanut butter
- Tomato sauce
- Pasta & cereal
Another way to help is to host a money box at your place of business or match donations from employees and donate the funds to the food bank. The food bank also always accepts monetary donations. With each $1 that is donated, the food bank can provide $10 worth of nutritious food to those struggling to make ends meet.
The food bank still needs help from volunteers to promote the food drive by handing out our most needed items list to customers entering participating grocery stores throughout San Luis Obispo County.
Sign up to volunteer:
For more information about the food bank and giving back this holiday season, visit their website of call the Paso Robles office at (805) 238-4664.