Four local men arrested for robbery, drug charges
– On Monday evening, Paso Robles Police Department officers arrested 21-year-old Rafael Aguilar Anguiano of Paso Robles, 19-year-old Austin Isaiah Beausoleil of Atascadero, 22-year-old Jose Rodrigo Campos of Paso Robles, and 35-year-old Felipe Gutierrez, of rural Paso Robles, for robbery and drug charges.
On Monday, at approximately 7:15 p.m., officers were dispatched to Creston Road to investigate a robbery which had occurred 15 minutes prior.
The victim told officers he was in his car when he noticed he was being followed by a white Camaro. The victim stopped at the intersection of Creston Road and Santa Ynez Road and the suspect car stopped next to him. A passenger in the car pointed a gun at him and got out of the Camaro. The suspect approached the victim, while he was still seated in his car, and demanded money. The victim turned over all his money, $50 cash, to the suspect. Before fleeing the suspect punched the victim in the mouth. The suspect fled in a white Chevrolet Camaro with a racing stripe. The victim described the suspect as a Hispanic male adult, armed with a black pistol.
A few moments later an alert police officer located the suspect vehicle leaving a parking lot near Sherwood Road and Creston Road. Officers conducted a traffic stop on the car along the 100 block of Santa Ynez Drive. After stopping the vehicle, officers searched the car and located a black BB gun pistol, a shotgun with ammunition, a small amount of methamphetamine, and drug paraphernalia inside the car.
The car was occupied by four individuals – all of whom were eventually arrested for participation in the robbery.
The victim of the robbery was able to identify Rafael Aguilar Anguiano as the suspect who robbed him at gunpoint. He also identified the remaining suspects as being in the car at the time of the robbery.
The investigation is ongoing as investigators continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding this incident. Officers transported all four suspects to the SLO County Jail where they were booked on the following charges:
• PC 211 – Robbery – Felony (all suspects)
• PC 182 – Conspiracy to Commit a Felony (all suspects)
• HS 11377 – Possession of a Controlled Substance (Campos)
• HS 11364 – Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (Campos)
As of 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, Campos and Gutierrez both remained in custody in lieu of a $60,000 bail.