Free alternative weight loss and wellness workshop held in San Luis Obispo
–Two local health success coaches, Gemi B. Lant and Polly Mertens, are co-hosting a free weight loss workshop in downtown San Luis Obispo.
The workshop, “7 Keys to Successful Weight Loss for Life: Lose Weight Without Dieting,” will take place on Monday, June 18 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the First Floor Community Room of the San Luis Obispo Public Library (995 Palm Street).
Because of pressures to be thin, many people will try just about anything to lose weight at the cost of their mental and physical health. Here is some food for thought:
- In 2010, 69-percent of Americans were overweight or obese.
- Around 25 million men and 43 million women are dieting to lose weight. Another 21 million men and 26 million women are dieting to maintain weight. This means 55-percent of adults are dieting at any one time.
- Up to 24 million people suffer from an eating disorder and 3-10-percent of adolescents and college students have a severe eating disorder.
- Eating disorders among men is on the rise (Men made up 10-percent of eating disorder cases in 1990, currently it’s estimated at 25-percent).
It’s reported that 90-percent of dieters fail to keep weight off for two or more years and regularly try new weight loss products with diminishing hope of attaining permanent weight loss. Gemi and Polly present that dieting causes more problems than it eliminates and leaves people fatter, more unhealthy and more unhappy than before.
35-percent of “normal” dieters will progress to pathological dieting with 20-25-percent of those developing a partial or full-syndrome eating disorder. Gemi and Polly are out to beat these statistics and help Central Coast residents lose weight for life while being healthier, happier members of our community.
Among a few of the topics to be discussed at the workshop include:
- Why eating doesn’t make you fat and other myths that contributing to weight gain
- How stress causes you to gain weight, how to reduce it and increase your energy
- How toxins prevent weight loss and the easiest ways to remove them
- How to permanently change eating habits by retraining your mind
This will be a fun and interactive workshop complete with a Q & A session plus every pre-registrant will receive a free health assessment. Workshop guests will learn insights into how the mind and body interact to create long-term health and happiness.
This free workshop is the first collaboration between Gemi and Polly. But it certainly won’t be the last. Questioned about the decision to collaborate for this workshop, Polly explained: “I typically work with severe cases of people who struggle with food from around the globe, but I never have the opportunity to help people here in the San Luis Obispo area because I am 100-percent web-based. Gemi’s clientele are primarily Central Coast residents so I thought it would be a great way for me to bring my expertise along with hers to help people struggling with weight in our local community.”
Space for this free live, energy-boosting workshop is limited to the first 30 people so people are strongly encouraged to reserve a spot fast by registering online at http://www.getbusythriving.com/free-workshop-slo.
Together, Gemi and Polly have over a decade of experience helping clients with health, wellness and eating disorder/food addiction issues. As an Eating Disorder Mindset Coach, Polly coaches women around the world who have had eating disorders to crush their addictions, bad habits and limiting beliefs. Gemi has been a health coach for four years, and during that time has provided health and wellness support to scores of clients on the Central Coast and Southern California.
(Sources: National Institutes of Health, 2017; Mirasol, 2017; Neumark-Sztainer et al., 2007; Reiser, BusinessWeek, 2008; The Renfrew Center Foundation for Eating Disorders, 2003; Mehler, 1996; Crow et al., 2009. Hudson et al, 2007.)
Weight Loss in San Luis Obispo
Need help with losing weight? For an alternative or in addition to your San Luis Obispo Nutritionist and Dietitian needs visit Comprehensive Weight Management, A Nursing Corporation at http://www.carolrosey.com/