Grover Beach dentist releases 5 facts to know about mouthwash
–This week, Grover Beach dentist Perry Patel D.D.S., released a report titled, “5 facts to know about mouthwash.” Read the report below:
5 facts to know about mouthwash
Using mouthwash as part of an oral routine is essential to better smelling breath, healthier teeth, and overall general hygiene. Mouthwash should be used in addition to brushing, flossing, and regular trips to the dentist’s office. Here are five facts that will help determine which mouthwash is better suited for different needs.
- Mouthwashes are divided into two different groups: cosmetic and therapeutic. Cosmetic mouthwash help rid the mouth of bad breath temporarily and whiten teeth. Therapeutic mouthwash can help strengthen teeth and fight against plague.
- Using a mouthwash is not a simple swish and spit; instead, gargle for at least thirty seconds to a minute to let the mouthwash clean the mouth to the maximum effect.
- Mouthwash should not be used in substitution of healthy oral habits. Brushing and flossing teeth are the foundation of oral care, with mouthwash providing extra benefits such as a fresher tasting mouth and even cleaner teeth. However, mouthwash will not achieve the same results if used on its own.
- When shopping for the mouthwash best suited to specific needs, there are key ingredients that provide different results. Fluoride may be present in strengthening enamel, which has lasting health benefits such as preventing cavities. Germicide fights against germs and plaque build up in the mouth. Alcohol is another ingredient, but may not be suited to everyone’s needs. Mouthwash with alcohol present can lead to a dry mouth and a burning feeling in the mouth, while alcohol-free mouthwash provides similar benefits without the risks.
- Mouthwash can be used for reasons other than bad breath. Depending on the brand, it can strengthen teeth, fight plaque, whiten teeth, and more. To get the most out of mouthwash, it should be used at a different time from brushing and flossing. Otherwise, the mouthwash can work against the positive benefits of toothpaste if used immediately after.
Perry Patel D.D.S. General & Cosmetic Dentistry for the entire family has multiple offices around the Central Coast. With a helpful staff and modern equipment, oral care has never been easier to achieve. Contact Grover Beach dentist Perry Patel D.D.S. General & Cosmetic Dentistry for the entire family at (805) 489-4761.
Perry Patel DDS
901 N Oak Park Boulevard
# 103, Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Press release by San Luis Obispo marketing agency Access Publishing, 806 9th Street, #2D, Paso Robles, CA 93446. (805) 226-9890.
Facebook Comments Plugin Powered byVivacity Infotech Pvt. Ltd.