Update: All Smart & Final stores purchased from Haggen now open
Three new locations in county
–Smart & Final has announced all 33 lease locations, including three in San Luis Obispo county, acquired in December 2015 which were operated under the Haggen banner are now open as Smart & Final Extra stores.
The three locations are:
- Paso Robles: 1191 E. Creston Road
- Atascadero: 8200 El Camino Real
- San Luis Obispo: 1321 Johnson Avenue
Each store opening created more than 50 new jobs, with Smart & Final hiring more than 1,900 associates to support the 33-store increase. All new stores feature Smart & Final’s Extra format, which includes expanded frozen, deli and meat sections, a full produce section, organic and natural food products, high quality perishables and meats, a wide selection of private label offerings, and unique products such as self-serve bulk goods by the pound and oven-roasted chicken. The company is also testing new merchandising initiatives including hot bakery, sushi and cut fruit offerings in select stores.
“The positive growth and momentum Smart & Final has experienced is a true reflection of our consistent focus on value, quality and convenience which has not gone unnoticed by today’s savvy shopper,” said Chief Executive Officer Dave Hirz. “I’m excited that these 33 new stores provide an opportunity for Smart & Final to reach more customers with our unique offering, broad range of products and dedicated staff, and am confident that our brand promise will continue to give us a competitive edge in this market. I truly appreciate the dedication and effort of our associates to achieving this incredible milestone and want to welcome all of the new associates that have joined our team, ” Hirz added.
Currently, Smart & Final operates 306 stores in California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Nevada and Idaho, including 251 Smart & Final banner stores, 160 of which are Smart & Final Extra! format stores. As part of Project 100, the Company plans to open 100 new stores over a period of four years, in line with its 10-percent annual unit growth plan, and to hire at least 5,000 new employees to staff those stores over the next four years. Smart & Final is approximately one year into Project 100, and almost one-third of the way towards meeting its goal of 100 new stores.
Original story posted Nov. 14, 2015
Haggen gets approval to sell local stores to Smart and Final
–Haggen announced Friday that the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for Delaware in Wilmington confirmed the sale of certain stores. The court approved two separate purchase agreements for certain assets with Gelson’s Markets and Smart & Final LLC.
Smart & Final purchased certain assets of 28 stores located in California for $56 million, including stores in Paso Robles and Atascadero. Gelson’s purchased assets related to eight stores located in California for approximately $36 million.
Completion of the transactions with Gelson’s and Smart & Final remain subject to certain conditions.
The company also announced that it has accepted bids for other locations. A total of 55 stores were sold for more than $47 million.
Stores sold to Smart and Final
- Atascadero – El Camino Real, Atascadero
- Carlsbad – Carlsbad Village Dr, Carlsbad
- Carpinteria – Linden Avenue, Carpinteria
- Chino Hills – Chino Hills Pkwy, Chino Hills
- Chula Vista – East H St, Chula Vista
- Corona Del Mar – Coast Highway, Corona Del Mar
- Coronado – B Ave, Coronado
- El Cajon – Camino Canada, El Cajon
- El Cajon – Fletcher Pkwy, El Cajon
- La Mesa – Avocado Avenue, La Mesa
- Newbury Park –Newbury Road, Newbury Park
- Palmdale – W Avenue N, Palmdale
- Paso Robles –Creston Road, Paso Robles
- Redondo Beach – N. Pacific Coast Hwy., Redondo Beach
- Redondo Beach – S. Pacific Coast Hwy., Redondo Beach
- San Diego – Tierra Santa Bl., San Diego
- San Diego – Westview Pkwy, San Diego
- San Luis Obispo – Johnson Ave, San Luis Obispo
- San Pedro – W 25th St, San Pedro
- San Ysidro – W San Ysidro Blvd, San Ysidro
- Santa Barbara – State St., Santa Barbara
- Santee – Magnolia Ave., Santee
- Simi Valley –Los Angeles Avenue, Simi Valley
- Torrance – Hawthorne Blvd, Torrance
- Trabuco Canyon – Plano Trabuco Rd., Trabuco Canyon
- Ventura – Telegraph Road, Ventura
- Westlake Village – Lindero Canyon Rd, Westlake Village
- Yorba Linda – Yorba Linda Blvd., Yorba Linda
Stores sold to Gelson’s Markets
- Carlsbad – El Camino Real, Carlsbad
- Del Mar – Via De La Valle, Del Mar
- Ladera Ranch – Crown Valley Parkway, Ladera Ranch
- Laguna Beach – South Pacific Coast Hwy., Laguna Beach
- La Jolla – Turquoise St, San Diego
- Rancho Mirage – Bob Hope Drive, Rancho Mirage
- Santa Monica – Lincoln Blvd, Santa Monica
- Thousand Oaks – Avenida De Los Arboles, Thousand Oaks
Facebook Comments Plugin Powered byVivacity Infotech Pvt. Ltd.