Holiday light parade delights all ages
Theme of parade was, ‘Christmas Wish List’
–Hundreds, perhaps thousands, of locals lined the parade route and watched scores of entries at Saturday night’s 54th annual Christmas Light Parade. The streets in the downtown area were closed down for the annual celebration.
This year’s theme was “Christmas Wish List.” The parade was sponsored by the Paso Robles Downtown Main Street Association.
The traditional light parade began at 7 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 5 and marks the arrival of Santa Claus in downtown Paso Robles. Santa will be in residence at the Holiday House in the downtown city park until Christmas Eve. The hours are posted on the Holiday House and on www.pasoroblesdowntown.org.
View photos and videos of the parade below. A complete list of parade winners is posted at the bottom of this article.
Winners of the parade awards include the following:
- Sweepstakes: Almond Acres Children’s Academy
- Judges’ Award: Zoo to You Conservation Ambassadors
- Special Award: Artistry in Motion
- Santa’s Award: So. Cal. Gas Co.
- Business/Commercial: North County Septic
- Band: PRHS Bearcat Marching Band
The following entries won first place ribbons for specific categories:
- Bauer Elementary School
- Singing Hands Choir
- Go Mommy – Kennedy Club Fitness
- In Cahoots
- Pete Johnson AAA Towing
- Kermit King Elementary
- St. Rose Catholic School
- Far West Water Ski Club
- Madrid Premier Soccer Club
- Girl Scouts Cuesta Del Norte
- Heritage Ranch 4-H
- US Postal Service
- First Mennonite Rainbow Bright
- Paso Robles Children’s Museum
- PRHS Marching Band
- Cal Fire/SLO Fire
- SLO Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- SLO Co. Scooter Club
- Estrella Warbirds
- Paso Robles Model A Club
- Maria Elena Ballet Forklorico
- Paso Robles Professional Firefighters
- Dimes Media Central Coast
- North County Veterans’ Color Guard
- El Paso de Robles Area Historical Society