Jackee’s Korean Fusion spices up Paso Robles
Jackee’s Korean Fusion, a new restaurant that opened in downtown Paso Robles earlier this year, is getting great reviews for its tasty entrees. It’s a tiny eatery with just five tables, but the flavors pack a big punch.
It’s run by mother-daughter duo, Jackee and Sarah Dirmeyer. They are serving up Paso with their spin on traditional Korean grill. The “fusion” means it is a mixture of Korean grill with a California flare. This adds new fresh and crisp ingredients to their Korean barbecue, says Jackee.
“Just finished my third lunch at Jackee’s,” says Yelp reviewer Jennifer A. “Delicious! Spicy, tasty and fresh. We are so lucky to have an authentic Korean restaurant in Paso. Go, eat and tell all your friends that this place is yummy!” That just one of several positive Yelp reviews of Jackee’s Korean Fusion BBQ.
Jackee was born and raised in South Korea, and is experienced in the restaurant business having previously run a place in Houston, Tex. The two keys to a successful restaurant, says Jackee, is “first, make excellent food. Second, make it affordable.”
There are only six entrees on the menu plus kimchi and occasional specials. The Korean food entrees are made fresh to order.
- Kalbi, a dish of barbecued marinated pork, chicken or beef served with rice.
- Bi Bim Bop, a mix of rice, beef, egg, bean sprouts, carrots, black fern, beets, and more.
- Chop Chae Bop, a stir-fry of clear sweet potato noodles, pork, bell peppers, onion and more.
- Jompohng, a seafood soup of udon noodles, pork, shrimp, squid , mussels and veggies.
- Gahn Ja Jang, a dish of udon noodles, black bean paste, pork, potatoes and veggies.
- Jeyuk Bokkum, a stir-fry of beef, chicken, squid or pork with Jackee’s sauce and veggies.
Jackee’s Korean Fusion is located at 1227 Pine Street, Paso Robles, CA. They accept phone orders for pick up at (805) 591-7049.